Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Laptop Model #15-af131dx
Microsoft Windows XP

I want to know how to shut off the "auto zoom" feature on my HP laptop. 

The mouse "pad" on my keyboard is worn shiny and I can't even scroll my cursor across the screen without the auto-zoom feature enlarging and shrinking the screen automatically.  It's driving me crazy!  I want to disable this feature.  Help...!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @cows1366,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with touchpad zooming. I will be glad to help you.

To disable the zoom function,  Go to Mouse in the Control Panel and then choose the Device Setting tab.

Select the Touch pad and then Settings  Select Pinch Zoom.

Unclick the Pinch Zoom box.

You can also replace the touch pad.  here is the Maintenance and Service Guide 15-af131dx.  refer to page 65 for instructions. The part number is 720299-001.  You can get most parts from Hp Part Surfer.

Please keep me informed of how things went and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.