Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello everbody I purchase a brand new Hp Z620 without graphic cards. I install the graphic cards already but I couldn't find the power supply. I install the SLI OEM HP Quadro 5000 but I can't seem to find the power cable. Can anybody tell me where is the power supply for the graphic cards. Thank you AQ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

You might get better assistance on the HP Enterprise Business Forum.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

You might get better assistance on the HP Enterprise Business Forum.

Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

I saw 2 black power cable mark G1 and G2 with 6 pin but only 5 pin inside. I assume this is the graphic cards power cable but not sure. Since Quadro 5000 takes 6 pin power supply. I'm afraid to hook this 6 pin cable but only 5 pin wire inside. My other option is to purchase an adapter from molex 4 pin to 6 pin PCI-E adapter or 15 pin SATA to 6 pin PCI-E adapter. 

I will try the business forum, maybe someone will know the answer.  

Thank you AVQ

HP Recommended

Hello Big Dave

I went to business forum and found the answer that I'm looking for from HP Pro

Another person ask they same question and looking for the power cable for his Quadro K5000

Here's HP Pro answer to the question. 

The z620 systems have two of 6 pin connectors that are attached to the front guide to prevent any air circulation problem or touching the other componenets. They not NOT occupied. You can detach  one of them from the front guuide and attach it to the graphics.

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own. Please click the "Accept As Solution" button if the answers solve your problem.
HP Recommended

Hi AVQ,

Good show!  :generic:

The Business Enterprise Forum is the right place to seek information for professional and business class equipment.

HP Recommended

I see the two connectors but the pinout in them doesn't match.  Pin 6 doesn't have a wire in them.  The video cards are looking for the wire to be #6 and not #5.  What am I missing?

I put the cable in thecard and it isn't detected.

HP Recommended

ok thanks. Will try and give it a go now.
I am still puzzled about the fact one of the six slots on the G1 and G2 cables is empty
See the G1 HP (6pin) cable connected to the 6-8pin pcie adapter.
Would one not need to rewire the cables so each one fits a slot? I presume not, but it's strange.

HP 6 pin connector - 1 empty slot + 2xcables together on one.

Now this is the female part of the 6-8pin adapter cable

female 6pin plug to go to the HP power supply G1 cable

And the 8 pin side of the 6-8pin adapter cable with the 2 extra pins coming from the black side.
The black pin on the top hand left corner (from which one of the 2 extra wires is coming out) then connects to the HP G1 black pin, which has 2 cables in it (as shown in the first pic).

8pin adapter

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.