Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop - TE01-1134

my computer has an intel ( r ) uhd graphics 630 card and I need a new card, one that is faster and higher quality. tell me what I should get.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@photo2,

Welcome to our HP community forum!

Your HP Pavilion Desktop - TE01-1134 (13Z31AA) is fitted with a Baker motherboard (SSID: 8767), and according to HP PartSurfer, your PC is powered by a 180-watt power supply (please verify), which severely limits fitting your desktop with a meaningful graphics card.

The only graphics card I sort of would/could recommend if you want to stick with your 180-watt power and want/need to spend as little as possible, would be a GT 1030.

However, you can choose to upgrade your power supply with a more powerful power supply, such as a 400-watt PSU (p/n: L69242-800) -which is equipped with one 6+2-pin PCIe power cable, or a 500-watt PSU (p/n: L05757-800), which is equipped with one 6-pin and one 6+2-pin PCIe power cables.

You can purchase these power supplies online, such as via eBay.

With a 400-watt power supply you can power graphics cards such as: GTX 1660 Super, GTX 1660 Ti, RTX 3050, GTX 1070, or an RTX 4060 -as long as you pick a smaller-sized (two fan) model, powered by a single 8-pin (6+2) PCIe power cable.

With a 500-watt power supply, you can power graphics cards (including the aforementioned GPUs) such as: RTX 3060, RTX 2060 Super, RTX 2070, or an RTX 4060 Ti -as long as you pick a smaller-sized (two fan) model, powered by a single 8-pin (6+2) PCIe power cable.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

@photo2,

Welcome to our HP community forum!

Your HP Pavilion Desktop - TE01-1134 (13Z31AA) is fitted with a Baker motherboard (SSID: 8767), and according to HP PartSurfer, your PC is powered by a 180-watt power supply (please verify), which severely limits fitting your desktop with a meaningful graphics card.

The only graphics card I sort of would/could recommend if you want to stick with your 180-watt power and want/need to spend as little as possible, would be a GT 1030.

However, you can choose to upgrade your power supply with a more powerful power supply, such as a 400-watt PSU (p/n: L69242-800) -which is equipped with one 6+2-pin PCIe power cable, or a 500-watt PSU (p/n: L05757-800), which is equipped with one 6-pin and one 6+2-pin PCIe power cables.

You can purchase these power supplies online, such as via eBay.

With a 400-watt power supply you can power graphics cards such as: GTX 1660 Super, GTX 1660 Ti, RTX 3050, GTX 1070, or an RTX 4060 -as long as you pick a smaller-sized (two fan) model, powered by a single 8-pin (6+2) PCIe power cable.

With a 500-watt power supply, you can power graphics cards (including the aforementioned GPUs) such as: RTX 3060, RTX 2060 Super, RTX 2070, or an RTX 4060 Ti -as long as you pick a smaller-sized (two fan) model, powered by a single 8-pin (6+2) PCIe power cable.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

thank you for a great response but this information is way over my head and I am on the verge of crying right now.  I can not possibly do as you suggest and will have to think about what I should do now.

HP Recommended

@photo2,

No worries, look over the information, take a deep breath, brew your favorite comfort beverage, sit down, and try out YouTube to watch/familiarize yourself with upgrading an HP desktop, etc.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

I have decided to just get the GT 1030. you gave me a link to amazon for it, thanks. now, someone else, told me I also need a new hard-drive and said I could get a  Samsung 870 qvo sata 111 ssd.  would that be ok for my computer? and, I need some more memory, 16 gb, but I can not find the correct one on amazon, can you give me a link for one?  I know I'm asking a lot but would really appreciate your help.

HP Recommended

@photo2,

A high quality/affordable 2x8GB RAM kit for your desktop would be this purchase option: Silicon Power DDR4 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 3200MHz (PC4-25600) CL22 UDIMM 288-Pin Desktop Computer Memory S....

Using the same RAM -same brand, model and capacity helps to achieve best RAM performance.

Please note, that as per your motherboard's specs, this 3200 MHz RAM will "bridge" (down throttle) to 2933 MHz.  This is normal and does not affect speed or RAM performance.

Yes, I agree: a Samsung 870 QVO is indeed one of the best SATA SSDs you could choose such this purchase option: Amazon.com: SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 1TB 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive, Upgrade Desktop PC or ....

However, your motherboard also has one M.2 NVMe SSD slot, and if you don't have one installed yet, you should really consider making that your primary (boot) drive for much better I/O speeds and PC performance, such as a Samsung 970 EVO Plus, like this purchase option: Amazon.com: Samsung MZ-V7S500B/AM 500GB 970 EVO Plus M.2 (2280) : Electronics.  This would also involve migrating "cloning" your current boot drive to the M.2 NVMe SSD, but this is not terribly complicated, and I could assist you if you so choose.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

So, if I get the ram kit you suggested plus the Samsung 870 hard-drive plus the  GF graphics card, would I also need the Samsung 970 EVO ?

HP Recommended

@photo2,

It is not either-or.  What I was saying is that a Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe SSD is another -faster- primary (boot) drive option.

All right, before I suggest anything else, I need to know a little bit more about your system.

Please download this most useful freeware utility program (I use it all the time) called "Speccy" from here: https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy/download/standard, then install it, and run it.

For example, the PC I'm using at the moment, Speccy will provide this information:

NonSequitur777_0-1713122380572.png

And at the moment I am primarily interested in what drive(s) you got installed (see the blue rectangle), and this information will give me a bird's eye view what you got.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

OMG ! I installed that thing. theres so much to look at, I have no idea what I'm looking at. there are several screens - what is this? I can not see your picture as the type is too small so I do know what you want to see.  I need to walk away and take a break.

HP Recommended

@photo2,

Once you installed Speccy, it should provide this screen icon:

NonSequitur777_0-1713131550701.png

Double-click on it, click on "Yes", and it should show the screen I provided to you.

Then use your keyboard's "PrtSc" (print screen) key/option, and paste (Edit > Paste) it in MS Paint.

Then use Paint's "Selection", click on "Rectangle", and while holding down the left-button on your mouse, draw a rectangle around the Speccy screen, release your mouse's left-button, go to Paint's Edit and then Cut, which will cut out the section you just "cut":

NonSequitur777_1-1713131902145.png

NonSequitur777_2-1713132263725.png

Then in your next response, left-click your mouse where you would like to paste, then right-click on your mouse, use the "Paste" option to transfer/paste.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.