Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

@photo2,

Btw, when you move your cursor to a picture in my post, you will see a tiny +-magnifying sign:

NonSequitur777_0-1713133608392.png

Left-click on it, and the picture will show much bigger.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

I hope I did this right.

photo2_0-1713188995772.png

HP Recommended

@photo2,

Yes, you did it just fine!

This was very helpful information indeed, because it shows that your primary (boot) drive -your only storage drive, is (already) an M.2 NVMe SSD:

NonSequitur777_0-1713191983685.png

That means that you want to go ahead and install a secondary SATA SSD, such as the Samsung 870 QVO you mentioned.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

thank you so very much for all your help!!! now, I just need to find a computer repair place that will allow the customer to provide their own parts. I know Best Buy will not.

HP Recommended

@photo2,

Unless you live in the woods, so to speak, there should be a local PC repair place near where you live.

Also, try out a search assist such as this one: Fast & Reliable Computer Repair Near Me: Local Technicians (thumbtack.com).

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

great, I will give it a try. thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.