Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just bought my monitor and when I plug it in it does not seem to respond to vga or hdmi cables also having problem with POWER BUTTON LOCKOUT will not let me do anything till I get this figured out please help

SEMPER FI!

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Push and hold the OSD Menu button for 10 seconds to Lock, 10 seconds to Unlock.

... an HP employee expressing his own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.

Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
HP Recommended
theres 5 buttons on this moniter and i have no idea what osd is?
HP Recommended

It says Menu, should be far left.

Cheers,

HP Recommended

Hi

I bought a 2009v monitor at the end of Dec 09, all was fine until approx 2 weeks ago when it developed the screen message Power Button Lockout, the monitor kept on shutting down, the assistant at Comet where I purchased it from suggested I had a faulty multi pin cable (sorry don't know the correct name for it) so I was given another to try and hey presto it has solved my problem  -  HOWEVER SINCE THEN THE BLUE/ORANGE LIGHT HAS NOW STOPPED WORKING however, I feel that this is the better of the two evils.

The cable is the one that you screw in colour blue

Good Luck

Barbara

HP Recommended

Hold, power button for 25-30 sec. Not  OSD button or you will lock both power button, and OSD.

HP Recommended

Hi thank you my friend, it works!!! (i spend my 5 mins to sign in just to thank you)

A.

HP Recommended

Thanks!  I had the same problem.  Holding power button for 25-30 seconds unlocked it.  I'm grateful for your help.

HP Recommended

I do not mwant to have to press a butto9n form 10 seconds.  i WANT THE FIXED. My computer worked fine for 3 weeks and now suddenly I'm getting this lockout message.  I want the computer to work the way it should.  I am disabled and holding a button for 10-20 seconds is difficult.  I have a new HP22hx monitor with a HP pavilion slimline computer.  How do I change this so the button works like it used to.  I used to press and it went off AS IT SHOULD. What person deviced this powerbutton shutout?

HP Recommended
Is there anything else I could do held the power buttons down 30 plus seconds didn't work hp w2338h monitor power button lockout an the dam sound isn't working
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.