Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy Phoenix 860-170vx T6W6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

My system automatically updated windows 10 1607 update.  As a result my reboot ended up with blank screens.  I ended up connecting HDMI cables to the system HDMI inputs  so I can at least see the screen.  I have not been able to locate my GTX GC.  Instead I now see the the integrated graphics card ---- the 530....I tried recovering to a previous date before the installation of the patch...I still didn't see the card.  I tried to reload the drivers for the card and it stops saying " hardware not located". I have tried everything I can think of in my limited scope of knowledge.  I even completely reloaded the system. (made windows 10 boot usb)  and downloaded all of the Drivers from HP. Tried to reload....NOTHING.  I think during the reload of windows 10...it updated...the 1607 before I ever logged on.  HELP somebody..pretty please!

thanks,

Patrick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@patrick

I reviewed your replies, I appreciate your patience and your efforts.

The updates for those drivers are unavailable as of now. The alternative solution would be to roll back the operating system to the previous version and disable the automatic updates so that the computer doesn't perform the update to the version which created this concern and you have a control over what's installed on your computer.

Keep me posted,

Regards,

EMATTY
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @Masaiiprince 

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums! I read your post about problems with your new HP PC and wanted to help.
I understand that the Nvidia graphic card is not showing up after the 1607 update. During the 1607 update, the graphic drivers on the computer has been overwritten by the windows, generic drivers. The first troubleshooting step I would recommend is to reinstall the Nvidia drivers and setup the same again. Click on the links mentioned below to download and install Nvidia graphic drivers for Windows 10. 

Nvidia driver : http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76501-77000/sp76750.exe

I am always here to support. Do let me know what happened. Looking forward to your response. 

Have a great day. 🙂
Cheers,

EMATTY
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Emil,

thanks for responding.  I downloaded the drivedr and attempted to install it...  The installation process stopped at the system check...error stated ..with big red X  NVIDIA installer cannot continue.  this graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware.

i previously tried sp76750, sp76583 as well.I just don't understand it. 

Patrick

aka Masaiiprince

HP Recommended

Hey, @Masaiiprince, Glad to see you write back to me. 🙂 

Your reply got me to research more about the drivers and I have a found a compatible version. Please download and install the same and keep me posted if this worked. 

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/86510/

Looking forward to hearing back from you. Have a great day ahead. 🙂 

Cheers

EMATTY
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hey Emil,

No worries, I truly appreciate the assistance.  I will download the drivers as soon as I get home from work and will follow up with the results!!!

have a great one!

HP Recommended

Emil,

I loaded the driver last night, and it still couldn't locate the card.  I decided to reload the entire system from scratch using the HP recovery disks for my system. My thought was clear the dirve and redo it and it should show back up right? Wrong,  I only see the 530.  I do believe, the issue is in the card... I am considering removing the card and then reseating it again just to make sure nothing moved previously.  I figured with the large bracket that holds it in place that I would not have to do this.  I really did not want to do this, as I have not had the system that long.  Do you have any suggestions?  Is it ok for me to do this, or should try something else?

thanks ,

Patrick

HP Recommended

Emil,

I was doing a little research myself and  found this:

Damaged or Missing WMI Service Prevents NVIDIA Driver Installation Issue “Install failed” or “Install Failed, could not find compatible graphics hardware” message may appear during installation, even if the system has a compatible graphics card. This can occur when installing the NVIDIA driver or GeForce Experience software. Cause This issue could be the result of a corrupt WMI service on your system. The NVIDIA Installer requires the WMI service to properly install the driver or other NVIDIA software. Resolution You must repair the WMI service on your system in order to successfully install NVIDIA drivers. A future driver release will alert the user during installation that there is a problem with the WMI service on the system

How do I repair the WMI service??

Patrick

HP Recommended

@patrick

I reviewed your replies, I appreciate your patience and your efforts.

The updates for those drivers are unavailable as of now. The alternative solution would be to roll back the operating system to the previous version and disable the automatic updates so that the computer doesn't perform the update to the version which created this concern and you have a control over what's installed on your computer.

Keep me posted,

Regards,

EMATTY
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Emil

the problem ended up being that the motherboard  had failed.  I ended up having the motherboard replaced under warranty.  Thanks!!!

Patrick

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.