Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion 23-a305a All-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi,

Does anyone know a phone number for HP support in Australia? I got to one page on the website saying call in business hours but I can't find a number anywhere.

If anyone knows how to get my DVD driver working again that would be even better. It labours for a while when a DVD is inserted then gives up. The DVD driver is not detecting the DVD's and it itself is no longer listed under Devices and Drivers.

I have had the computer 18 months. I had the same problem 12 months ago (when it was still under warranty) and in the end a technician came out and replaced the DVD driver. It worked well between then and now but now the replacement driver seems to have developed the same problem. Hence I would like to call HP to discuss it.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Contact HP Australia via one of the methods on the following HP web document.

http://www8.hp.com/au/en/contact-hp/contact.html

A DVD drive (optical drive) des use have a driver. It uses firmware just as a hard disk does. What you are experiencing is probably a firmware or controller failure within the optical drive hardware.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Contact HP Australia via one of the methods on the following HP web document.

http://www8.hp.com/au/en/contact-hp/contact.html

A DVD drive (optical drive) des use have a driver. It uses firmware just as a hard disk does. What you are experiencing is probably a firmware or controller failure within the optical drive hardware.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks. I found the phone number as you directed back on the website (it only appears if you log a query during business hours). Thanks also for clearing up the drive/driver terminology.

It seems my hp DVD drive is no longer connected to my computer. HP have come to the party and are arranging to send a techician to replace it again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.