Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LP3065
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and have had nothing but problems with Windows detecting my monitor (HP LP3065)/my monitor detecting Windows.

After Windows installs the correct driver for my video card the monitor goes blank with a flashing green light. I am able to get the monitor to turn back on by unplugging the dual link DVI cable and plugging back in.

This also happens when the computer boots into Windows. I turn on the computer and the POST screen comes up. The Windows splash screen then comes up. Once the system gets to the login screen the monitor is blank with a flashing green light. I am able to get the screen to come up again by unplugging the dual link DVI cable and plugging it back in.

I've tried different DVI ports and different cables, which has not helped.

System Config:

Intel Core i7-3770K (CPU)

Gigabyte Z77X-D3H (MB)

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 (Display Adapter)

Thank you.

Chris

59 REPLIES 59
HP Recommended

Hi - I am in exactly the same boat.

I have tried everything - from different ports on my graphics card, to enabling/disabling SLI, to a completely new graphics card.

It seems very incoherant. I sometimes get the flashing green light, which I guess means incompatible video mode(?), or it just goes into standby after the Windows 10 boot animation.

I can however run it (reasonably) reliably on my SECOND graphics card, with a normal monitor plugged in to the PRIMARY graphics card. On Windows I then have the LP3065 set as the primary screen.

This results in my main monitor being in standby during booting, until the Windows 10 password prompt appears.

In addition, occationally at seemingly random intervals, I hear the "hardware removed" sound and the monitor goes ito standby while I'm using it. I have to unplug and replug it into the back of the PC in the same port, and I hear the "hardware added" sound - then it comes back to life.

Also I've noticed something interesting, where if I go to Device Manager and Scan for hardware changes, the monitor appear and disappears each time I perform the hardware scan. For example:

Attempt 1: "Hardware removed" sound, LP3065 goes off. Device manage appears on the other monitor and LP3065 has disappeared from device manager.

Attempt 2: "Hardware added" sound, LP3065 comes back on.

Attempt 3: "Hardware removed" sound, LP3065 goes off. Device manage appears on the other monitor and LP3065 has disappeared from device manager.

Attempt 4: "Hardware added" sound, LP3065 comes back on.

.. and so on.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, with 2x nVidia 9600GT's (tried individually in different slots and together - every combination yeilds the same result). I also tried with a brand new nVidia GT610 and the same occurred.

Can someone from HP confirm LP3065 compatibility? I really did suspect this was graphics card related, but it is specific to only this monitor.

HP Recommended

I have the *exact* same problem. Built a new computer. Fresh install of windows 10.

The only thing that is the same from the last computer is my video card and my monitor.

Booting blind, and then switching the monitor port on the back of the video card is the only thing that makes it come up and "stay" up. However, it clearly still isn't proper as the green indicator light turns off and stays off with this method. A reboot also reboots the problem...

Did either of you manage a fix for this?

HP Recommended
Hi Ramjet,

I still have the issue. I've not looked into it any further, but was hoping that with time and driver updates etc. This might get patched at some point.

Regarding the green LED going off, I believe this is by design. After 30 seconds or so mine also goes off and always has done. The only time I've ever noticed a difference is either it's on orange (standby) or flashing green (mode not supported).

I'm hoping it's an nVidia screen detection problem and that they fix it. Is yours an nVidia card out of interest?

Could you also put some of your other PC spec?

For the record mine is Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770k (2x nVidia 9600GT)
HP Recommended

Hey. I really appreciate the prompt reply. I was surprised enough to actually find a couple of other people using this dinosaur along with Windows 10 🙂

Thanks for the info on the LED light. I guess I just never noticed it and attributed it to this issue.

Additionally, have you noticed that nvidia control panel says the display is not HDCP compliant? I'm *almost* positive that it registered as HDCP compliant in my Windows 7 build. I am just wondering if this could be related to the issue, or just another symptom.

I am using an nvidia card. It is an evga gtx 780 sc acx2.0

When I first started up the computer after putting everything together, everything was working fine right up through the windows installation.

Long story short, and after a 2nd completely fresh install, I'm reasonably confident that the issue is with with windows 10 and/or nvidia's drivers, at this point. As you stated.

I also don't see POST, or anything before I blind login to windows, then switch ports for the monitor on the video card. Then, I'm able to type this message 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi - no problem.

Mine is showing as HDCP compliant in the nVidia control panel (my other monitor isn't as I'm connected using VGA on that one).

Could you press Winkey+X and select Device Manager, then right click your PC at the top and do Scan for hardware  changes? I'd be interested in knowing if your monitor goes into standby, as this is what happens to me.

I then have to replug, or, using my other monitor, do a another "Scan for hardware changes" and it comes back as per my original post.

Cheers!

HP Recommended

Hey. Yep. Same thing. I also have to do that if I open geforce experience.

I've also noticed that anytime I do something that requires administrative permissions (so far) the monitor will flicker off (play the disconnect sound effect), and then comes back on by itself (without having to replug) with accompanying reconnect sound effect.

Which makes me think Windows is the problem, but that doesn't seem to explain why I can't see anything during boot (all the way until after I blind login to Windows and replug my monitor).

It is strange, for sure. Can't put my finger on the root cause.

IIRC, my monitor originally showed as a generic pnp monitor. After having this issue and fresh installing windows, I managed to hunt down the ancient win7 drivers for the monitor and installed them. The monitor is properly identified by name in device manager now, but it didn't do anything to resolve the issue, obviously.

I wonder why my monitor is not showing as HDCP compliant now, but yours is... I guess it is unrelated to this issue since we both have the same problem..

Thanks, again.

HP Recommended

Ok, that was weird.

So A few weeks a go I reinstalled Windows 10 cleanly from scratch, as you did, to see if that would fix the issue. It didn't. But I came up with running it in the config as per my first post.

I only had the drivers installed from Windows update.

Just now I put the latest version of drivers on from the nVidia site (341.81 for my graphics card) - which I had previously tried on a clean install of Windows 10, and didn't work.

The drivers successfully installed - which was odd. I was expecting as soon as it detects the screens for my LP3065 to go off. It flickered a bit but didn't.

Then I went to device manager and rescanned the hardware... multiple times... the monitor stayed on.

I rebooted. Monitor stayed on.

Then I shut down and swapped my screens - so now I have the LP3065 plugged into the primary graphics card instead of secondary.

I am now able to boot (and see the BIOS) on my LP3065.. and the screen does not go into standby when Windows loads. It seems to be working as it's supposed to.. for now at least.

I wonder if upgrading from the Windows update (out of the box) nVidia drivers to the latest directly has sorted it somehow.. either that or nVidia has updated the driver without updating the version or release date on the website.

In addition another issue I had was that if I restarted from Windows 10, the screen just went to sleep - I would then have to reset the PC (or do a full shutdown/turn on) every time I wanted to restart.

This also no longer seems to be happening.

I'll keep you updated how it goes!

HP Recommended

Well, congrats on getting it working. Unfortunately, I am already running the latest drivers for my card... 355.82.

The problem started (as best I can tell) with the windows provided nvidia drivers. But, it persisted (for me) with the latest nvidia drivers as well.

Do you also have geforce experience installed? I doubt it would make a difference, but I am curious anyway.

HP Recommended

Yes, I have Geforce Experience installed - I chose Express setup instead of doing a custom (clean) install.

It's still working currently and I've rebooted several times.

Just curious, is it quite hot where you are? I'm in the UK and its the coldest day we've had in a while.. Just wondering if that's anything to do with it - the screen or something overheating and sending a bad signal back to the card when a hardware detection is initiated (or rather, every other time the screen is detected). My issue started in the summer here when it was quite hot (coincided when Windows 10 came out).

To me though it looks like it might be something peculiar going on with drivers, as the moment I changed them I stopped having the issues.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.