Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 4520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am trying to hook up my hp pc to my hp printer.  I already have a lenova pc hooked up to the printer.  In addition, I have an tp-link router in addition to my att router.  My problem is:  When I try to input my password on the on screen keyboard, the keyboard has grouped numbers and letters that are making it impossible.  For example, 1and2 are combined as 12.  So, if I want to input 2, it defaults to the first number 1 when I press it. Or, abc are combined, and it also defaults to the first letter.  How do I get it past that first number or letter so I may choose the second or third?

Also, can I have it connected by both ethernet cord on the lenova pc (more secure) and wireless on my hp pc?

Thank you.

download.jpeg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @lowonbucks

Thanks for showing interest in the HP Support Forums!

I see that you're having difficulties configuring the wireless on your HP Envy 4520 Printer. I would be happy to look into this with you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

When using the touchpad on the printer, it is like the "touch tone" keypad. 

Here's how to use the keypad.

• If you need the 'e' press the 'def' key twice (do no hesitate on the letter that you do not wish to enter). Keep pressing the same key until you reach the desired letter or number and pause before moving on.
  • If you need a number press the '123?' using the same principles.
  • If you need uppercase letters press the 'up arrow' on the left-hand side (like the shift key on a normal keyboard)  

For more information see the User Guide: Set up the printer for wireless communication

NOTE: If you have an ethernet cable connected it disables the wireless radio. Wired and wireless provide the same network capability.

I hope this information is helpful. Please respond to this post with the results. Good Luck! 

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.