Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello all,

Has any tried looking at the System Configuration Boot Tab?

Start > Type 'msconfig' > Click msconfig.exe > Click Boot tab - should look somewhat similar to the attachment.

Windows 7 should be the one selected at the top. No checkmarks in the bottom portion.

Please let me know if there are any questions or if this helps (this could help other users who have the same issue). I'll keep an eye out for any replies.

HP Recommended

I have same problem.  I have an xw6200 was reinstalling XP Pro on new disks, tried 120GB SSD but kept coming up missing during warm starts.  Swapped out the SSD for a Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM SATA, new out of the box, ran the recovery manager to create recovery partition, took very long time (an hour or so).  After recovery, booted, Genuine Advantage activation stuff, did that, said I was genuine, but then recovery manager popped up saying it had to update recovery partition, gave me 10 seconds then rebooted.  I hit F8 after many iterations of this and went into safe mode.  Couldn't find anything in STARTUP or in registry (run, run once etc or MSCONFIG).  Created user so it would't sit at Administrator after boot, clicked new user name, recovery manager pops up within 90 seconds and reboots.  I can't use task manager to kill the recovery manager, tried but END NOW doesn't have a chance before the dual 3.6GHz machine reboots.

HP Recommended

After numerous attempts using the workstation recovery media formatting new disk, installing recovery partition, then F11 to reinstall XP Pro from scratch on my xw6200 only to have Recovery Manager continually wanting to update the recovery partition and rebooting the machine I opted to install an OEM version of XP to determine whether the xw6200 had some sort of hardware problem.  It's unlikely as the xw6200 has been running perfectly until I needed larger disk drives.  With the OEM XP Pro installed I updated the drivers from HP's site to get the sound and network configured.  Machine did not reboot after 90 seconds.  I applied SP3, rebooted, logged in, no problems.  So, why did the HP Workstation Recovery media suddenly get into this looping of updating recovery partition, rebooting, repairing nightmare? 

HP Recommended

just got the same problem when my sister gave me her hp netbook,

What I just did was remove/delete the hp recovery drive.

just click start button - right click computer - select manage - then under storage click disk management - highlight H recovery drive  or volume  - right click   then delete volume - restart pc then / all done  just don't forget to create a backup recovery under control panel.

HP Recommended

SPECTRE WINDOWS 8

Menu: Choose an option

1. Select Use another operating system

2. Select Change Defaults

3. Select Choose a default Operating System

4. Select Window 8 (if this does not show up you need to reinstall you operating system first)

5. Reboot

(you may have to select windows 8 again from the menu post reboot or wait for the timer)

And should go to windows 8 directly now.

I had to redo windows 8 setup at this point as a refreshed my operating system.

HP Recommended

hello .i think i have the same problem. whenever i start my laptop there it is hp recovery manager. not knowing what to do i just cancel and then out of three options (shutdown" cancel. and reboot) i select reboot an then my widows start . help me about it

HP Recommended

Is this the menu you are talking about?

http://www.techspot.com/guides/630-windows-8-boot-fix/

Here is someone elses fix for the automatic repair loop problem.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-update/how-to-fix-the-automatic-repair-l...

Also there are a bunch of videos just search google for:

"windows 8 automatic repair loop"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.