Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
DC7900
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I recently bought a HP DisplayPort to HDMI-adapter and the picture is fine, but no sound.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

No one I know of has been able to get audio out of the display port on the dc7900 model series, so I would have to say that audio out of the display port is not supported.

I could not find any posts regarding that issue, because they used to be on the HP enterprise business support forum and they deleted all posts regarding business PC's that were more than 2 years old.

A search on the current business pc forum revealed nothing.

But there used to be several posts with many replies regarding that issue.  No solutions.

Buy a low power, low profile graphics card like the Radeon HD 6450 with an HDMI out port.

Make sure it comes with the low profile brackets in the box.

The Radeon HD 6450 was the optional graphics card on the HP 8200 Elite SFF with the same 240W power supply as yours.

HP Recommended

Hi:

It is not a good solution, according to Technical Reference Guide - dc7900.pdf , displayport if it supports audio. what is missing is the correct driver that HP should provide for the dc7900

HP Recommended

The Intel graphics driver does provide the HD audio driver needed.

If you download and run the W7 32 bit Intel graphics driver (sp54816), and then go to C:\SWSetup\sp54816), you will see that there is an HDMI folder and an ibxHDMI folder.

Both of these folders contain the Intel HDMI audio drivers, so that is not the problem.

If you cannot select the Intel HD audio in the control panel, sound manager, then the display port does not allow for audio out.

Or if you can select it, and you get no audio, then the display port does not allow for audio out.

Like I wrote yesterday, dozens of folks with dc7900's could not get audio out of the display port.

I would think by now (7 years later), someone would have figured out how to make this work if it was possible.

HP Recommended

Hi.

-Some tests are more , it will be possible to use the card ati 5450 ?.

-DC7900 has drivers for Windows 8?

HP Recommended

Hi:

A HD 5450 should also work fine if you have one.  They draw about 20 Watts.

There are only W7 drivers for the dc7900 but I am running W10 just fine on my dc7900 SFF.

I put a HD 2400 Pro graphics card in mine so I could have DVI, and Windows 10 automatically installed the graphics driver for it.

Just use the windows 7 drivers for anything that W8 doesn't install and go to the amd website for the latest driver for the HD5450 graphics card.

I only needed the W7 audio driver and amt driver.  I think W10 installed everything else.

W10 installed an audio driver, but the W7 driver works better than the one W10 installed.

HP Recommended

Hi, 

ibxHDMI install , but do not recognize me , I'm still with the problem, the audio does not work, any suitable procedure to install the driver and it work .

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.