Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I din't find the HP Support Assistant, but i found these two: HP Support Information, and Reliability and Performance Monitor . About updating the graphics driver, how do i do that? I don't want to install anything on it; last time i've tried to update some stuffs on it, it froze, couldn't start, gave a blue screen that's known as the "Blue Screen of Death", but there were no text, no nothing. Ive even tried Safe Mode, unplugging it for days, nothing worked. At last it was taken to somewhere to get fixed. But before that, i'm pretty sure it has never given this "Auto Adjustment in Progress" message, it started when it got back from where it was getting fixed. So, i have to be careful with this PC. It looks like there's nothing to stop this "Auto Adjustment in progress" message. It also gives another message before starting to bug me, like a warning; i can't really remember what it is. It was like 1440x(numbers that follow), there were numbers, definitely. As now, it's doing it.

HP Recommended
>1440x(numbers that follow)
This is the resolution your graphics card is set to.

Are we talking about a HP 2311x monitor?
The recommended setting is 1920 x 1080!

Change it to the recommended setting (or let it changed) in the display settings. If you card doesn't offer this setting ask for a driver update.

V.
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
HP Recommended

What PC model number do you have and what operating system? If I know this info, I can look up what graphics card you have so I can try to find you a driver update.

Also, if you can write down some of the specific words in the other error you mentioned, it can help us figure out what is going wrong.

You could also try backing up all your personal files and then running a System Recovery. That will reset all your software and drivers to their original configuration, just like it was when you bought it.

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

My monitor is a HP w1907. I think that's exactly the tye of setting it asks me to adjustm before it goes crazy with its "Auto Adjustment in Progress" message.

HP Recommended
It's running on Vista. How do i find the model # ?
HP Recommended

If you have a Desktop (not laptop), on your keyboard you can press Ctrl + Alt + S at the same time and a Support Info box will appear and tell you the model, product, and serial numbers.

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Model #: s3200t
Product #: GS220AV-ABA
Serial #: {Removed for privacy}
Software Build #: 74NAv3PcA1
Service ID #: 111-007
PCBRAND: Pavilion

HP Recommended

as soon as i boot up my computer the notice "auto adjustment in progress". It stays there even if I am browsing the puter. It is driving me crazy as I can't do anything to get it off. Please if you have a solution I would appreciate it if you could help me. ceil_25

HP Recommended

I have the same problem too. Try to run the HP Support Assistant and then its Troubleshooting Program for Monitors. If you don't have the latest version of the HP Support Assistant, try downloading it here: http://h18021.www1.hp.com/helpandsupport/hp-support-assistant.html

(from  

HP Recommended

Hi iherby93,

Try updating your graphics driver from this page:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=2093&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3629...

Try installing both of these:

Intel Express Chipset Graphics Driver Update ►2008-04-10 , Version:7.14.10.1461, 17.9M

NVIDIA Unified Graphics Driver Update ►2008-04-25 , Version:7.15.11.6960, 58.28M

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.