Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Redrose0528,

I already did that before and the results are the same. Do you think it could be my motherboard that is damage?
HP Recommended

Ahmadhilmiaris,

It is possible, on the back underneath the plug in is there a voltage selector switch, if there is what is the current voltage that it's on?

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended
I just had the same thing happen and everything is working off the first step but what's a VGA
HP Recommended

@Earthangel111

VGA is a type of video connection. It is an older type but can still be found on a few notebooks, most TVs and most desktops. 

See this link for a great explanation of different video connections (including VGA and other popular, modern video connections)

Let me know if you have any questions 🙂

HP Recommended
I am having the exact same issue, but with an added wrinkle being that my PC is plugged into a tv into the hdmi/dvi input, but the tv isn't recognizing the PC. I've tried two other monitors as well, one being a tv and the other being a monitor. I'm using the dvi to HDMI cable that I've been using for years now, and nothing has changed having to do with settings of either the pc or the tv. I tried the hard reset and everything you guys were telling the creator of this post but I'm still coming up empty. Now it's turning on for a few seconds, but then it's turning off again and just repeating the process. Any ideas please? :'(
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.