Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0005nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm interested more into what random memory could i add to replace the 8 GB one and what other GPU could be used .

Would a 16 GB 2666 DDR4 work ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You are welcome, @bigbogdan98!

I guess my old eyes are letting me down.  I didn't see the part about the GPU.

Here is a HP Knowledge Base article that will tell you what to consider when adding or upgrading a video card.  You will have to consider the fact that you only have a 310W power supply unit (PSU).  The motherboard in your computer is HP proprietary. It has a 4-pin power connector instead of a standard 24-pin ATX power connector. You will have to buy any PSU upgrade from HP.  The most powerful PSU that HP sells is 500W (L05757-800).  You will have to contact HP Customer Support to see if they sell them in your country.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@bigbogdan98 , welcome to the Community.

Here is the "Motherboard Specifications" page for your computer.  Look at the section titled "Memory upgrade information".  It tells which memory is compatible and the maximum amount you can add.  It is best to add the memory in pairs to take advantage of the "Dual channel (2 DIMMs per channel) memory architecture" in the motherboard.

Please click the "Yes" button if my reply was helpful and "Accept as Solution" if your problem is Solved!!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer , but i also asked about what GPU can i use ? . The desktop case is small , i have a 1050ti stock with a 350W power supply . What i can replace it with ? another 1050ti or something better that have small size .

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @bigbogdan98!

I guess my old eyes are letting me down.  I didn't see the part about the GPU.

Here is a HP Knowledge Base article that will tell you what to consider when adding or upgrading a video card.  You will have to consider the fact that you only have a 310W power supply unit (PSU).  The motherboard in your computer is HP proprietary. It has a 4-pin power connector instead of a standard 24-pin ATX power connector. You will have to buy any PSU upgrade from HP.  The most powerful PSU that HP sells is 500W (L05757-800).  You will have to contact HP Customer Support to see if they sell them in your country.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.