Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-ec1003nx Gaming Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

I have this laptop "HP Pavilion 15-ec1003nx Gaming Laptop". I want to buy a dock station that is compatible with my laptop.

Can you please help on which HP dock station to buy that is working with my laptop? I need to connect to two monitors to extend the display to them.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You are very welcome @a7med778 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @a7med778 

That is a very budget oriented model and only came with one HDMI port for video out. All the other ports are USB only.

You would need a powered USB to video adapter to get a second external monitor to work.

Which adapter to get depends on the resolution of your monitor.

Examples: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=usb+to+hdmi+adapter+for+monitor&i=computers&s=relevancerank&crid=1QXE2Y6Q...

HP Recommended

Hello @photoray002

HP Recommended

@a7med778 wrote:

I'm thinking you didn't find the right adapter then. Yes USB is a data only output, ergo why the need for the converter adapter.  What were the adapters you  tried specifically?

HP Recommended

Thank you @photoray002,

I don’t recall the adapters I have tried because it was inside a computer shop. 

So if the USB is a data transfer only output, is there any adapter compatible for it to use it for second monitor?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Ive used them in years past, but not currently.  I don't have faith in the cheap $12 models, you get what you pay for. 

That's why you have to read through the reviews to see what others are saying. Here is one for example that I would get if it were me, based on reviews... https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-SuperSpeed-Adapter-Windows/dp/B004MS0DIK?th=1

HP Recommended

Thank you a lot for your help @Photoray002

I have tried this one m-best usb 3.0 to hdmi adapter cost around $61 and it finally works.

HP Recommended

You are very welcome @a7med778 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.