Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN Notebook - 15-J9K19UA
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

HP Perfomance Advisor used to be part of the HP OMEN Central Ops Suite; since the last upgrade (Performace Advisor. 1.8.7826.0) it no longer shows as part of the suite. Is there a procedure/process for adding into the Central Ops suite?

Omen_Cen_Ops.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi D5GR

Thank you for the reply.

HP Performance Analyzer automatically upgrades on executing and doesn't appear to have a setting  to disable upgrading.

Because of this, restoring is not an option, it would just upgrade on first execution. 

Also, I dont see the problem here as being the performance analyzer but the OMEN  Central Ops suite. The config file is pointing to the wrong directory now for the advisor.exe. Why is the config not editable by the enduser? Or the Central Ops suite needs a config file to reflect the new location.

Central Ops Suite config

LNK0018=C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Performance Advisor\Advisor.exe
APP0018=HP Performance Advisor
ARG0018=
ICO0018=C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Performance Advisor\Advisor.exe
TIP0018=Item0318
RPL0018=

Actual location now of the Performance Analyzer

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hp\HP Performance Advisor\Advisor.exe

Update 07/09/15: 

I actually resolved this by first removing the read only attrbute from the Hewlett-Packard folder and copying the complete HP Performance Advisor folder from the HP folder to that location. The icon now shows and the app works fine from there.

Omen_Cen_Ops_Fixed.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@gadgetboi,

Hello and thanks for posting on the HP support forums.

The only thing you can do is a system restore back before the update and keep the old version if it will let you.

HP PCs - Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 😎

Thanks again for posting and have a great day.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

D5GR
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi D5GR

Thank you for the reply.

HP Performance Analyzer automatically upgrades on executing and doesn't appear to have a setting  to disable upgrading.

Because of this, restoring is not an option, it would just upgrade on first execution. 

Also, I dont see the problem here as being the performance analyzer but the OMEN  Central Ops suite. The config file is pointing to the wrong directory now for the advisor.exe. Why is the config not editable by the enduser? Or the Central Ops suite needs a config file to reflect the new location.

Central Ops Suite config

LNK0018=C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Performance Advisor\Advisor.exe
APP0018=HP Performance Advisor
ARG0018=
ICO0018=C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Performance Advisor\Advisor.exe
TIP0018=Item0318
RPL0018=

Actual location now of the Performance Analyzer

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hp\HP Performance Advisor\Advisor.exe

Update 07/09/15: 

I actually resolved this by first removing the read only attrbute from the Hewlett-Packard folder and copying the complete HP Performance Advisor folder from the HP folder to that location. The icon now shows and the app works fine from there.

Omen_Cen_Ops_Fixed.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.