Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP ENVYm7 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I am trying to find out how to diable the control zone on my laptop. It sometimes gets in my way and I just would like it turned off until I choose to use it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Help us to help you by posting the following information.

1.  The complete Model Name. or Product Number. of the notebook - see This HP web document if you don't how to locate the model number and\or product number.

Is your plan to use a mouse instead of the Control zone? 

Enter the Control Panel and find the Mouse icon.   Find the "disable when external mouse is connected" and option and enable it.  I have that setup on my current product loan HP Omen 15. It is convenient when I am using my usb keyboard that has a trackpad built in. 

control zone touchpad.PNG

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Help us to help you by posting the following information.

1.  The complete Model Name. or Product Number. of the notebook - see This HP web document if you don't how to locate the model number and\or product number.

Is your plan to use a mouse instead of the Control zone? 

Enter the Control Panel and find the Mouse icon.   Find the "disable when external mouse is connected" and option and enable it.  I have that setup on my current product loan HP Omen 15. It is convenient when I am using my usb keyboard that has a trackpad built in. 

control zone touchpad.PNG

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

If you want to disable the edge swipe control zone actions and allow right-click and left-click within the control zones, change the HP Control Zone touchpad settings.

1. On the Start screen, type control panel, then click Control Panel from the list of results.
2. Click the View by drop-down menu, and select Large icons.
3. Click HP Control Zone.
4. Remove the check mark next to Enable Edge Swipes, and then click OK.
5. The left and right control zones now accept right-click and left-click actions.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.