Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officeject Pro 8600 Plus
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Yesterday our computer did an automatic upgrade.  I'm not sure what it upgraded, as I did not see it.  Today, my iphone will no longer print a word document from email.  It will pull up the document and when I click print it captures the HP printer and shows the number of pages to be printed, however the content does not appear in the print preview.  All that is there are blank pages and as a result, that is what prints--blank pages. I can print the actual email or I can print from my notes apps.  It will print pdfs.  It will not print the word document.   Can some one help with this?

Thanks,

Wanda

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Problem has been resolved.

There was a recent update to the iOS-10.1.1 for the iPhone. After I updated my devices, I am now able to print. Goodbye white pages.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having problems printing.

Try restarting your apple device - It's a simple fix that sometimes helps re-establish the connection to the printer and remedy other issues.

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended
Wanda, I am having the same issues.
I was able to print other things from my iPhone. But when I try to print a word document it turns white and it prints blank pages. I have rebooted my phone and printer but that's not the issue.
Please let me know if you find the solution.
HP Recommended

Hi @hddominick

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I understand that you are having difficulty printing word documents from your iPhone, kudos to you for trying to follow the previously recommended steps. I will be glad to help you from here.

I request some information from you, to begin with.

Are you able to make a copy on the printer?

What is the model of the printer you are using?

Try to print a printer self-test page and let me know if it prints fine.

How to do wireless printing on HP Printers article http://hp.care/2eRezVV

Refer this Apple article http://hp.care/2c4Y5Kz which talks about how to use AirPrint.

Reply for further assistance.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Problem has been resolved.

There was a recent update to the iOS-10.1.1 for the iPhone. After I updated my devices, I am now able to print. Goodbye white pages.
HP Recommended

Glad to hear that you found a fix :generic:

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended
Thanks so much for the tip. Just did the upgrade and now I can print. Whew. That's a relief.
HP Recommended

I have found some tips for How to Print Mail directly from mailbox of iPhone read this thread: https://www.howtoisolve.com/how-print-mail-from-iphone-ipad/

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.