Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 5520
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

It keeps coming up Server Connection Error:-1  

The scan to computer works and the wireless test page shows the connection is fine, its just so frustrating as it won't scan to email.

Any ideas?? Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hey @IzzyJ

Welcome to the HP Support Forum.  :robothappy:

I understand you're unable to scan to email using your HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One Printer.  I would like to assist you with this.  I have some suggestions that may help you in activating this feature in your printer.  

Thank you for confirming that you have wireless connectivity.  In addition to this, you also need to have your printer's webservices enabled.  Here's how to check:   

• Touch the ePrint/webservices icon ePrint.gif.  If it is not enabled, follow the prompts to enable it.
  • Be sure to hit OK to allow for automatic product updates.   

Once that feature's enabled, touch the Scan menu and try scanning to email again.  

If you're finding that you a) cannot enable webservices or b) still cannot scan to email in spite of trying the above-noted steps, try the following: 

Restore your Printer's Factory Defaults:

• Touch Wrench/Setup
  • Touch Tools
  • Touch Restore Factory Defaults (note that this will reset your wireless settings, ePrint address and any other customized printer features.  Click here for more information on ePrint addresses).    

After restoring factory defaults, re-establish wireless connectivity and enable webservices as noted above.  Next, try setting a manual DNS using the steps (1-5) provided by my colleague @happytohelp01 in another post by clicking here.  Once you've completed that aspect of the setup, touch the Scan menu and re-enter your email information and validate it once you've received the PIN via email.  

Please let me know the result of your troubleshooting by responding to this post.  I hope this helps.  🙂  

Thanks again for posting in the HP Support Forum and have a great day!   

E-roq
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
Thank you so much for your quick reply!
When I press the ePrint button it doesn't show an 'enable' option however it says ePrint is 'on' so I'm
hoping that's the same thing 🙂

I was going to restore factory defaults but when I clicked on your @happytohelp01 link above IT just took me to a list of Q&A's of which I didn't know which was relevant. Can you please resend the link to set up a manual DNS?

Thanks ever so much,
IzzyJ
HP Recommended

Hi @IzzyJ

Thank you for getting back to me.  If you are seeing that ePrint is on, (and you haven't already restored factory defaults), you can click here to access my colleague's post and follow steps 1-5 as noted to setup a manual DNS.  I tested this link a couple times so it should work out this time :robotwink:.  With the manual DNS complete, I recommend you perform a 'hard reset':

1. Press the Power button to turn off the printer.
2. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
3. Wait 60 seconds.
4. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
5. Press the Power button to turn on the printer.

Afterwards, try scan to email.  Did it work out for you this time?  If not, and only if you haven't tried it already, restore your printer's factory defaults and then complete the setup as noted to use scan to email.  

Best of luck!    

E-roq
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
Fantastic, thanks ever so much for the link. I'll now give this a try tomorrow (sorry my bed is calling me tonight! 💤💤).
Thanks again and I'll drop you a note back tomorrow once I've followed your instructions. Thanks
HP Recommended
Thanks but unfortunately this still hasn't worked 😞 when I press Scan then press on the Email logo it still comes up Server Connection Error 😞
Any other advice?? Thanks
HP Recommended

Hey @IzzyJ

There might be a few more steps you can try, but they require a more dynamic, real-time approach.  With respect to your time, I recommend you call our Cloud Services at 855-785-2777. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

I hope this helps!  

Regards, 

E-roq
I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.