Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp 4500 envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When i create a document in either word or powerpoint and insert an image and then view to print, everything looks fine, then when i print the doc out the layout and text are fine, however the images print wrong, they are in the right palce and the image box is in the right proportion, but the image within has expanded, meaning it is bigger than need and about 30% missing from the image box.

I have spent the last few nights reading forums, downloading Office 10 to replace my office 7, updating my HP drivers and trying what i've seen people have posted over the last few years, but it is not working .

What is strange is if i use photos from my HD or phone they print fine, but if i use photos found on the web or clip art they dont, can anyone out there help......

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings @Nigzyboy,

I hope you will enjoy your experience on the HP Support Forums! I see by your post that you are having issues printing images. Thanks for providing that detailed information.I would like to help.

Download and run the Print and Scan Doctor. It will diagnose the issue and might automatically resolve it. Let me know the results.

I would suggest trying a Generic driver to see if you have the same results.

Go to the Add a Printer Wizard from Devices and Printers and install the generic driver. Select the HP Envy 4500 Series Class Driver. Make sure you select the correct port.

Keep me posted!

If you appreciate the help, click the "Accept as Solution" and
the "Thumbs Up". Please keep me posted. Regards,

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings @Nigzyboy,

I hope you will enjoy your experience on the HP Support Forums! I see by your post that you are having issues printing images. Thanks for providing that detailed information.I would like to help.

Download and run the Print and Scan Doctor. It will diagnose the issue and might automatically resolve it. Let me know the results.

I would suggest trying a Generic driver to see if you have the same results.

Go to the Add a Printer Wizard from Devices and Printers and install the generic driver. Select the HP Envy 4500 Series Class Driver. Make sure you select the correct port.

Keep me posted!

If you appreciate the help, click the "Accept as Solution" and
the "Thumbs Up". Please keep me posted. Regards,

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply, i tried what you suggested, but it made no difference, i have tried to attach a couple of images to show better what i mean, but was unable to load them, if there was an email address i can send them that way.

The best way i can describe it is the print view shows an image 5cm square full of text that all fits inside the box, however when printed of the image is still in proportion to a 5cm square, however the text inside has been expanded to a 7cm square image, meaning that 2cm of the image/text is not viewable on the print.

Hope this makes sense.

Neil

HP Recommended

Hi @Nigzyboy,

Most likely it has something to do with the insert.

Try saving the file as a PDF in Word and then 'Print it as an Image', to see if that works: Print PDF as an image.

You can also use the PDF Converter.

You might have to resize the image.

How are you inserting the image?

You can only attach them to the reply for us to view.

Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.