Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
7640 wireless

my printer is printing from my iPad with tiny black boxes on the writing ? Help please 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

What are you printing from your ipad. Try restarting your ipad and your printer. To restart your printer, power it down and then unplug it for 30 seconds before powering it up again. 

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

What are you printing from your ipad. Try restarting your ipad and your printer. To restart your printer, power it down and then unplug it for 30 seconds before powering it up again. 

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

@Nora2

The reset offered by @Donal_M may provide the solution.

If not, consider that the tiny boxes can indicate fonts that the printer does not recognize.

Not sure how to fix this from the printer's side -- it cannot print what it does not "see" as usuable text.

Depending on the content, you might be able to re-scan it / copy it to another file / open it and assign different fonts.

If all else fails, and you can do so, try printing the offending document as an image.

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

No this hasn't helped ... It's just the black ink with tiny blobs with a type of tick randomly ... I've tried other printing & it's the same 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.