Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 120
I have been happily printing from my iPad and iPhone for the last 6 months. Suddenly today I am unable to do so. When I get to 'select printer' on printer options I get a message saying ' no AirPrint printers found'. I have turned the printer off and on. I have disconnected and. Reconnect to WiFi on devices and printer. This is usually so straight forward, I just want to print an email! Please help me solve this. Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @Mossy284

Welcome to the HP Support Forum. :robothappy:

I see that you're unable to print via AirPrint with your HP ENVY 120 e-All-in-One Printer.  I would like to help. 

Have you confirmed that your printer is connected to your wireless network?  Note that AirPrint will not work if for instance your printer's connected to a guest network and the iPhone or iPad is connected to your main network.  From the printer's front panel touch the Wireless Icon.jpg wireless icon and ensure that it's connected and displaying an IP address.  If not, run the Wireless Setup Wizard to restore connectivity.  If you are connected, but are finding that AirPrint's still not working, powercycle your devices as directed below:

• Power off your printer.  
  • Power off your iPhone.  
  • Unplug your modem/router and leave it powered off for at least one minute. 
  • Reconnect your modem/router and wait for it to re-establish its internet connection.  
  • Power on your printer and iPhone.  

Having completed these steps, are you able to connect the printer with your iOS devices?  

Alternatively, you could print using HP's ePrint service, either by directly emailing print jobs to your printer's @hpeprint.com address or via the HP ePrint app.  Here's how to complete your ePrint setup for both of the aforementioned methods:

• If you have a wireless connection, touch the webservices/ePrint icon ePrint.gif on your printer's front panel.    
  • Enable webservices and touch OK to allow your printer to update automatically.  
  • If you're interested, you can click here for instructions on how to create a custom ePrint address.  

If you enabled webservices successfully, you can start forwarding content you're looking to print (emails, pictures, documents) via email to your printer's @hpeprint.com address.  One way to streamline this process is by adding your printer's @hpeprint.com address to your iPad's contact list/address book so that you don't have to manually input the address every time you wish to send it an ePrint job.  

If you're looking for more options, particularly with printing content from email, iCloud or photos, click here to install the HP ePrint app.  Once you activate the app with your personal email address, you'll find this is  the most comprehensive printing method when using an iPad.  Much like the ePrint via email method, your printer's proximity to the iPad is no longer a factor in printing.  Provided your iPad has an internet connection and you've left your printer on or in sleep mode, you can send it ePrint jobs from virtually anywhere.

Please respond to this post with details or questions if you run into any issues while completing the setup for any one of the suggested print methods that I have presented above.  If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below.  

Thanks for posting in the HP Support Forum and have a great day! Robot Very Happy 

E-roq
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hey @Mossy284

Welcome to the HP Support Forum. :robothappy:

I see that you're unable to print via AirPrint with your HP ENVY 120 e-All-in-One Printer.  I would like to help. 

Have you confirmed that your printer is connected to your wireless network?  Note that AirPrint will not work if for instance your printer's connected to a guest network and the iPhone or iPad is connected to your main network.  From the printer's front panel touch the Wireless Icon.jpg wireless icon and ensure that it's connected and displaying an IP address.  If not, run the Wireless Setup Wizard to restore connectivity.  If you are connected, but are finding that AirPrint's still not working, powercycle your devices as directed below:

• Power off your printer.  
  • Power off your iPhone.  
  • Unplug your modem/router and leave it powered off for at least one minute. 
  • Reconnect your modem/router and wait for it to re-establish its internet connection.  
  • Power on your printer and iPhone.  

Having completed these steps, are you able to connect the printer with your iOS devices?  

Alternatively, you could print using HP's ePrint service, either by directly emailing print jobs to your printer's @hpeprint.com address or via the HP ePrint app.  Here's how to complete your ePrint setup for both of the aforementioned methods:

• If you have a wireless connection, touch the webservices/ePrint icon ePrint.gif on your printer's front panel.    
  • Enable webservices and touch OK to allow your printer to update automatically.  
  • If you're interested, you can click here for instructions on how to create a custom ePrint address.  

If you enabled webservices successfully, you can start forwarding content you're looking to print (emails, pictures, documents) via email to your printer's @hpeprint.com address.  One way to streamline this process is by adding your printer's @hpeprint.com address to your iPad's contact list/address book so that you don't have to manually input the address every time you wish to send it an ePrint job.  

If you're looking for more options, particularly with printing content from email, iCloud or photos, click here to install the HP ePrint app.  Once you activate the app with your personal email address, you'll find this is  the most comprehensive printing method when using an iPad.  Much like the ePrint via email method, your printer's proximity to the iPad is no longer a factor in printing.  Provided your iPad has an internet connection and you've left your printer on or in sleep mode, you can send it ePrint jobs from virtually anywhere.

Please respond to this post with details or questions if you run into any issues while completing the setup for any one of the suggested print methods that I have presented above.  If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below.  

Thanks for posting in the HP Support Forum and have a great day! Robot Very Happy 

E-roq
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
Great, have just followed the whole 'turn everything off and on again' procedure and my devices are now picking up the printer signal again.

Thanks for your help.

M.
HP Recommended

Two iPhones and the iPad don't see the brand new HP Envy 5540 printer installed today.  When we reboot the router, the apple products see the printer.  However, after a few minutes, the apple products no can no longer locate the air print.  This happened on the last HP printer, so we got a new one today.  Still experiencing the same problem.  We can't reboot the router every time we have to print.

HP Recommended
I also cannot print from iPhones or laptop wirelessly. Only for a couple minutes after reboot. Please help! I spent hours on the phone with ATT and HP and neither offered a solution. I have ATT Uverse internet. Both companies played the blame game.
HP Recommended
I have HP desk jet 3630 all In one
HP Recommended
We contacted our internet service provider, Comcast, about this issue. They knew immediately that the router/modem we were using did not work with Apple AirPrint. They sent us another router/modem, and it works fine now. We should have called them before we bought the new printer b/c the old printer would have worked fine w/the new router/modem. DOH! The old router/modem had been working fine, and one day, it stopped recognizing Apple AirPrint. I spent hours trying to get it to work, all to no avail. Contact AT&T and let them know you probably need a new router that recognizes AirPrint.
HP Recommended

How do you maintain the connection with the printer?

My IPad gives me "no air print printers found."  I did the shut down (iPad, printer, network.) and it works fine.

however, to do this I had to run all over the house. I don't want to do this every time I want to print anything. I had another printer that simply would not work unless I did much the same thing. 

How do you maintain the connection. Why does it drop off.

HP Recommended

Hi @Icabod,

Thank you for showing your interest in the HP Forums,

I'd like to help 🙂

As I understand you are having connectivity issues on your HP printer. Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you get through this concern,

Let's try these steps here: 

Please make sure to enable Multicasting within your router configuration, it is crucial for Airprint to function properly. if you fail to find any of the settings below, you may contact your ISP for further help:

1. Enter your router configuration page (The URL should be the same as the default gateway address of the PC or the printer).
  2. From the top menu, click Advanced.
  3. From the left menu, click Advanced Network.
  4. Under Multicast Streams, check the Enable Multicast Streams option.
  5. Click Save Settings and follow any step you may see on the screen,

Next thing, I would suggest here is Assigning Static IP & Manual DNS:

* Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.

* Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.

* Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)

* Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.

* Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

For more assistance, click here

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, of if you require further assistance.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with your and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards, 

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

To Update.

contacted the online customer support people. Cheers to "Harry" for his help. Really enjoyed working with a professional. We downloaded a patch to have him take over the computer. After that he downloaded some "firmware" and suddenly everything worked. 

This was a new printer and had a one year warranty. When I set it up, I did download the most current drivers. The problem was that the printer would go off line and I couldn't print. Checking the printer, it had the correct address and said it was connected to the network. However, my iPad couldn't "see" the printer. I downloaded the printing app but it kept asking me for a password. One the firmware was installed the app was working.

thanks to customer support, kudos to Harry 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.