Re: empty ink sign on F4280 after cartridge was refilled (872 Views)
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 21 of 23 (909 Views)

Re: empty ink sign on F4280 after cartridge was refilled

dumpling1 wrote:

My 4280  used to happily use the refilled cartridges.  Now it won't.  What is the override on the chip to make it work?

Once again, there is no "chip".  The printer does perform an electrical check on the cartridges before it uses them.  If a cartridge fails electrically it will not print.  Cleaning the cartridge contacts may resolve the issue, otherwise you will need to replace the cartridge with a fresh one.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Student
amanda07
Message 22 of 23 (872 Views)

Toner cartridges contain a powdery substance that is already dry and can be stored for a while you wont have to worry about an expiration date. However it is important to know that you can only store it in certain temperatures, there should be some info on the cartridge box or you can find it on the manufactures website.  HP Laser Jet 1020

Student
cheuk
Message 23 of 23 (11 Views)

relsar wrote:

how do i 're-set' printer so it accepts the fact that cartridge was refilled.  it won't print after being refilled.  continues to display empty sign

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation