Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Cartrige ink toner spils all over internal parts and I wanted to clean up ink mess to avoid electrical issues.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you very much X-23 !!!

Your answer help me solved my problem. so glad to be able to reach this kind of help in this community.

Sincerely.

EUribe.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @EUribe,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you encountered an ink spill inside of your HP Officejet Pro 8600 All-in-One printer and require information on how to properly clean the machine. I would like to assist you today with resolving this issue.

Step 1: Remove Printhead:

1. Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it is not already on. Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

2. Place your fingers into the slot on the left side of the printer, and then pull to open the cartridge access door. Allow the carriage to move to the cartridge access area, and the carriage stops moving.

3. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer. Unplugging the printer prevents the carriage from moving.

4. Lift the carriage latch.

Image: Lift the carriage latch.

5. Grasp the sides of the printhead, gently lift and remove the printhead from the carriage. Leave the  cartridges in the Printhead.

Image: Remove the printhead.

6. Examine the Printhead for ink residue. The nozzle area on the bottom of the printhead is fragile! Make sure that the bottom of the printhead does not bump or rub on the printer. Do not touch the nozzles or electrical contacts. Touching these areas can cause electrical failures or print quality problems.

Image: Nozzles and electrical contacts

1. Nozzles

2. Electrical Contacts

7. If you have ink on the Printhead you can clean it with a lint free cloth. Avoid touch the Nozzles and Electrical Contacts.

8. Once the Printhead has been cleaned, you may want to wipe out the Printhead area inside the printer with a lint free cloth then reinstall the printhead.

9. Carefully lower the carriage latch to secure the printhead.

Step 2: Manually Clean Cartridges:

1. Push in on the front of the cartridge to release it, and then pull the cartridge toward you to remove it from its slot.

2. With a clean, lint-free cloth (eyeglass wipes or coffee filters work well), wipe the copper-colored contact on the cartridge.

Image: Copper-colored contact on the cartridge

3. Carefully reinsert the cartridge into its slot, and then push the cartridge forward until it clicks into place.

- Source

Step 3: Clean Inside of Printer:

There actually isn't any supported documentation for cleaning inside of the printer. You can use a lint free cloth to wipe out any access ink you may see. 

If you get ink on your hands or fabric, you may want to refer to : Removing Ink Stains from Hands and Fabric

Should the leaking ink issue persist, I would recommend that you contact our Technical Support queue by phone to explore additional options.

HP Technical Support can be reached at: 800-474-6836.

If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

HP Worldwide Contact

I wish you luck going forward with this! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thank you very much X-23 !!!

Your answer help me solved my problem. so glad to be able to reach this kind of help in this community.

Sincerely.

EUribe.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.