Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.

I cannot seem to get anyone at HP to respond to emails or even the online chat could not help.

I unplugged the printer as this community suggested but as soon as I plugged it in the buzzing started again.  

It went off and then when the printer goes to sleep it starts again.

Even more annoying is that when it is buzzing you cannot send anything to print.

Can someone please tell me how to fix this before I return it to BestBuy where I purchased it.

HP Recommended

FYI, take a look at the post below from @strmcsr  re. noise on the Envy 7640...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Issues-Troubleshooting/HP-ENVY-7640-Noise/td-p/4807517/highlig...

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

It's interesting that HP tech support could not come up with this before I had to return the printer to the store.  Is there a way to tell which printers have the modification so I can purchase another one?

HP Recommended

I found that if you turn the wireless connection off, once the printer goes to sleep the printer stops making the noise.  This may defeat the point of having a wireless printer for some, but since my printer sits on my desk, it is the best fix for me to give me sanity and relief from that terrible noise!

HP Recommended

interesting!

you are right :generic: it does defeat the point BUT I switched off Wireless on my HP Offiejet Pro 8615, which is my second with this annoying high pitched two tone warble noise, and I can confirm that on entering sleep after 5mins it does in fact sit silent (well has done for the first 20mins).  

Going to try this experient for the day.....

I know it doesnt address whats the point of a wifi printer with the wifi OFF  but it does indicate that the load upon the power supply when in sleep, is causing this irritating noise

HP Recommended
I have the same humming problem with my printer-envy 7640
So flipping annoying!!!!!
HP Recommended

Thank you for this! I, like another user here, set it to 2.5 hours to try to save the screen a bit. I appreciate your time and effort!

HP Recommended

By the way, if you hold down the up/down button it will go automatically, eventually moving at 1000 seconds at a time (I was going up instead of down). Just FYI.

HP Recommended

:Crying:  sadly I can confirm that Firmware FDP1CN1547AR,  pushed out yesterday for the HP Officejet Pro 8615, does not cure the irritating high pitched two tone warble (previous firmware was FDP1CN1502AR)

however preventing screen sleep or turning off WiFi does!

...still waiting for the recon unit to be collected, its only been sat here 5 weeks!!!! :indifferent:

HP Recommended

I called HP support today and went through the hoops, and they are sending me a new power supply/adapter. Give them a call! 1-800-474-6836

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.