Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I got a new modem from the cable company and now I can't use my printer wirelessly.  I read the questions from 9/10/12 but I don't know where the Setup Menu and Network Menu is.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi cllmalmdl,

What is the model no. of the printer?

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hello,

The printer is HP Photosmart C4580. I can print if I connect a USB cable but not wirelessly. Can you tell me how to get it to print wirelessly.  The wireless button is on on the printer.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please download and run the utility for any printing issues.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&jumpid=ex_r4155/hho/ipg/ccdoc/p...

HP Recommended

Also photosmart C4599 has SSID listed but in diagnostic test said SSId not found.All other wireless devices work on network except thios printer.Where is menu setup on printer?.Dont want to reset all other devices as they work fine

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please press the wireless button and select run wireless network test, to check SSID

HP Recommended

Hi, you were so good at helping me get my printer to connect when I got my new router am wondering if you now can help me figure out why I keep getting this message every time I turn on computer.  ( actually two messages)

A program required could not be run.

Please wait until Windows configures

HP Photosmart Essential

Then this message comes up....

HP Photosmart Essential

There was a problem with Windows Installer package.

A program required for this install to complete could not be run.

The above happened when I uninstalled my printer and re-installed it to get the wireless to connect.  I am wondering if I deleted too much when un-installing it.  How would I get what it is missing installed again?

I will be gone for 4 days so if you respond I will not be able to let you know if it worked until next week sometime but would appreciate any help I can get.

Thank you,

C70

HP Recommended

Hi c70,

The error specified is actually a Microsoft error. Please refer the link below to troubleshoot by downloading Microsoft Fix it utility.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2438651

HP Recommended

RE SSID

run wireless test.Says SSID not found.But SSID working well with all other devices so please do not say look at router manual.Also looking at printer settings have 2 lines for same SSID - one saying connected yes  and one saying connected no.How do i get printer to look at connected yes

HP Recommended

Hi,

Reset network settings and then run wireless setup wizard again to select correct SSID.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.