Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am unable to print from internet pages.  This is a new development.  I have tried system restore, unplugging all cables and replugging.  Am using HP Officejet Pro L7590 All-in-One and XP system.  Please tell me how to resolve this issue....somewhat computer savvey, but no expert.  Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi again xmajo,

Seeing that Internet Explorer is a Microsoft product it has more  compatibility then what Fire Fox or Google Chrome would have.  This makes perfect sense why it would work over the others.

I suggest that when you need to print from the internet, use Internet Explorer.  You can switch back to Fire Fox for viewing or browsing.

As for a fix , I suggest you contact the technical support for Fire Fox.   Mozilla Support

I hope this information is helpful.

Thanks for your time.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi xmajo,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

Sorry to hear that you are having issue when attempting to print from the Internet.  I suggest that you disable the Pop-up blocker on the browser window.

The Pop-up blocker can be located in the Tools menu at the top of the browser window.  If that does not resolve the issue, maybe try another browser. Some suggestions are Mozilla Fire-Fox, Google Chrome and of course Internet Explorer.

If you have no luck with any of those options, maybe try the HP Print and Scan Doctor to see if the set up has any issues.  If the Doctor locates an issue, it will repair it for you automatically.

Thank you for your time.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi Waterboy 71,

I wish I could say your solution solved the problem, but it did not.  I disabled the Pop-up blocker...no change.

I used the HP Print and Scan Doctor earlier before posting to the forum and it says no issues with the printer.  Am currently using Mozilla Fire-fox as browser.  On your suggestion, I tried Internet Explorer, and was able to print successfully from the internet.  So the problem must be with Fire -fox  and printer interface?  Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.  xmajo

HP Recommended

Hi again xmajo,

Seeing that Internet Explorer is a Microsoft product it has more  compatibility then what Fire Fox or Google Chrome would have.  This makes perfect sense why it would work over the others.

I suggest that when you need to print from the internet, use Internet Explorer.  You can switch back to Fire Fox for viewing or browsing.

As for a fix , I suggest you contact the technical support for Fire Fox.   Mozilla Support

I hope this information is helpful.

Thanks for your time.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.