Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet pro 6830 eall in one
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I printed an address on #10 envelope and now the printer will not let me switch back to printing or copying on standard paper. I am about ready to box this machine back up and take back to the store where I purchased it. I've had it only an month. Please help!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hey @Precious10

Welcome to the HP Support Forum. :robothappy:

I see that you're unable to print or copy regular (letter) size page with your HP Officejet Pro 6830 e-All-in-One Printer. I would like to help. 

I am assuming that you would have adjusted the paper tray width guides in printing on a Number 10 envelope. Have you reset the printer's paper tray width guides back to accommodate the 8.5 x 11 standard letter size? If not, definitely do so. If yes, and you're still unable to copy from the front panel I recommend you perform a 'hard reset':

1. Ensure your printer is powered on.
2. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
3. Wait 60 seconds.
4. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
5. Press the Power button to turn on the printer (if it doesn't automatically reboot). 

Let me know if this restores your normal printing capabilities. If not, I will certainly provide some more in-depth solutions. If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below and clicking to accept this solution.

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum. Have a great day!

E-roq
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hello E-Roq,

Thanks for responding in a timely manner, however, after following your instructions closely, the problem is unresolved.  It keeps telling me  "Incorrect Paper.  Copy does not support Envelope #10.  Load a supported size of paper in the tray to continue".  I have the proper size paper in the tray, but it still will not copy.  What else can I do to fix this problem.

Thanking you in advance.

Precious 10

HP Recommended

Hi @Precious10

You're most welcome. 

Let's restore your printer's factory defaults first*.  Here's how: 

*Note that completing this step will reset your printer's wireless configuration, ePrint address, and other customized printer settings. If you have created a custom @hpeprint.com address it will be permanently erased. For more information on custom ePrint addresses, click here.  

• From your printer's front panel touch Setup
  • Touch Printer Maintenance
  • Touch Restore
  • Touch Restore Factory Defaults

Even though you're not reporting a paper jam, I have located an HP article re: troubleshooting paperjams and paper feed issues that might help. At the very least we'll be ale to rule out hardware factors with this sequence. Click here and work your way through Solutions One through Five. 

Let me know if this restores your regular printer functionality. 

Regards, 

E-roq
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

This is an old question and it probably doesnt matter anymore, but I had the same problem and unlike worthless HP solutions, my solution happened to work and it may still be helpful to someone. I have Officejet Pro 6835, but the solution might work with similar printers, as long as the paper loading tray can be removed.

*First make sure your crappy HP printer is on and still working, since it's likely that in your frustration you knocked it around a bit.

* Next pull out the paper loading tray until you get the little message to "Close Tray"

*Then close or put it back in its place.  It will then ask "Did you change the paper?" at this point it should give you the option of changing the size/format of the paper or maintaining it.

*NOW change it back to letter.

And that fixed my sHPitty HP printer. I hope it fixes yours too. Now you are ready for days of worry free printing before the next time your sHPitty HP printer breaks down.

HP Recommended

Thank you, Los Angeles_Ed:

I tried your instructions  and it worked. Thank you

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.