Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart C7200 series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows 10 can't connect/locate wireless printer (HP Photosmart C7200 series)

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi @NA2,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand that you cannot connect your HP Photosmart c7200 series printer wirelessly on the Windows 10 Operating System. I am happy to look into this issue for you! 

I am assuming you are using the HP Photosmart c7280, if not, please respond with your printer's Product/Model Number. To find your printer's Product/Model Number follow instructions in this link. Finding Your HP Product Model Number.

In the meantime, please try the troubleshooting steps within this guide, 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10), and let me know the outcome! 

Thank you for posting! Smiley Happy

“Please click the Thumbs up icon below to thank me for responding.”

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Hi, I have HP 7280 Printer and after upgrading it to Windows 10,  and installing the latest HP PS_AIO-02 ......WW_140_408-5, i am not able to connect to HP printer wireless'ly. During install the program could not find the printer though it was connected to the network. I tried manually entering the IP address  and still it would not connect. 

Can't understand why the program is not able to see the printer on the network. 

BTW: my other laptop which is running windows 8.1 OS is able to see the printer and conncet to it wirelessly. 

Can you please help. 

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue.... Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hi Everyone,

Please take a look through the following guides: 

1. Windows 10 Upgrade Guide for HP Printers.
  2. 'Printer Not Found' Error Message Displays in Windows.

Hope these guides help, and thank you for posting! :generic:

“Please click the Thumbs up icon below to thank me for responding.”

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

******HERE IS WHAT I DID THAT FIXED IT ON SEVERAL COMPUTERS WITH THE SAME ISSUE!

First run the same process to add a printer. When is shows there is NO PRINTERS this is the only thing that worked for me.

1. Tap or click The printer that I want isn’t listed, and either enter the printer name or choose one of the other options. 

Click NEXT

2. Select the first option My printer is a little older. Help me find it.

Click NEXT

3. Search should pull the printer.
In my case it didn't "see" the 192.168.1.6_5 standard TCP/IP Port normally that it pulls up.

This should send you through the normal setup. Now it will look as if it is the same thing as setting up using the "Manual Settings" but Believe me it worked.

HOPE that this helps the rest of you that have been beating your heads against the wall with this conundrum of Windows 10.

HP Recommended

Why that worked I have no idea, but this time it did and the printer was installed. I now only hope that the bloody thing continues to be seen and work!

HP Recommended

Thank your sugestion  worked for me too.

HP Recommended

I have tried everything to connect my HP Pavillion to my HP Photowsmart C7280 All in One.  I have tried wired, wireless, router.  I get an HP Network configuration page but when I try to connect my windows 10 HP Pavillion it says no printer found - I even tried the find an older printer trick mentioned in this thread and it did not work.  Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

I tried the below, and unfortunately it did not work. It brought me to another step; "Additional port information required."  Any ideas how to fix this?  I've not been able to get my printer to work with Windows 10. 😞 

@MrBigChips wrote:

******HERE IS WHAT I DID THAT FIXED IT ON SEVERAL COMPUTERS WITH THE SAME ISSUE!

First run the same process to add a printer. When is shows there is NO PRINTERS this is the only thing that worked for me.

1. Tap or click The printer that I want isn’t listed, and either enter the printer name or choose one of the other options. 

Click NEXT

2. Select the first option My printer is a little older. Help me find it.

Click NEXT

3. Search should pull the printer.
In my case it didn't "see" the 192.168.1.6_5 standard TCP/IP Port normally that it pulls up.

This should send you through the normal setup. Now it will look as if it is the same thing as setting up using the "Manual Settings" but Believe me it worked.

HOPE that this helps the rest of you that have been beating your heads against the wall with this conundrum of Windows 10.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.