Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an hp deskjet 2480 all in one. The paper and black ink lights are flashing. I went through the trouble shooter steps and replaced the cartridge. Still blinking. Any answers as to why and what to do next? Error code 095E76ZB.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks all for replying to my question about my HP Deskjet f2480 problem. Sorry for the late update but I take care of an elderly parent and have been busy with appointments.

The printer problem turned out to be a cartridge problem after all. We took it to a repair shop. The person told us this printer is particular about cartridges. It doesn't play well with refills or non HP cartridges. We had been refilling at Costco with no problems for quite some time. Costco had checked the refill cartridge and it checked out okay. Go figure. After trying a couple of new HP cartridges we finally got one to work.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

The contacts on the cartridge may need cleaned, or aligned.  The document linked below should help you work it out.  Let me know what happens.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01758409

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

As I said in my post, I already went through those steps and it didn't help. For one thing, it won't recognize the black cartridge so there is no way to align the cartridges. I cleaned the cartridges too. Thanks for tyring but I still need an answer.

HP Recommended
I'm new to these posts so sorry if it posts in a couple of places. My original post stated that I already tried the steps you suggested, went to that page already, saw the blinking lights and the suggested steps, been there, did that, problem not solved. Thanks for trying but I still need an answer.
HP Recommended

Try doing a hard reset.  There may be something in the firmware that's causing the cartridge not to get the pump signal.  

1. Make sure the printer is on.
  2. Pull the power cord from the back of the printer.
  3. Pull the power cord fromt he wall.
  4. Wait 30 seconds.
  5. Pulg it all back in and turn the printer back on.

If that doesn't work, the cartridge may be faulty.  Replace it if you haven't already.  If you've already tried replacing the cartridge, then you will need to replace the printer.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Thanks all for replying to my question about my HP Deskjet f2480 problem. Sorry for the late update but I take care of an elderly parent and have been busy with appointments.

The printer problem turned out to be a cartridge problem after all. We took it to a repair shop. The person told us this printer is particular about cartridges. It doesn't play well with refills or non HP cartridges. We had been refilling at Costco with no problems for quite some time. Costco had checked the refill cartridge and it checked out okay. Go figure. After trying a couple of new HP cartridges we finally got one to work.

HP Recommended

DO NOT touch this ASDA cartridge with a  Barge POLE- 1 month of LIGHT printing - it now has caused the BLINKING light - fortunately, havinbg removed cartridge I could prin t in Black & white -

( I had cleaned the ( HARDLY used large  HP - 300XL colour cartridge) but to  AVAIL - will have to get a geninie one !!!

Duty store manager at ASDA did NOT want to know - MY local shop - NOT again !!!!!

YOU have been warned - DO NOT BUY THE **bleep** THING !!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

I have the saem issues as the previous post. We put the old cartridges back in the printer and the flashing lights stopped and it printed. When the new HP cartridges were put in the printer the three lights started flashing again.

Please help.

We have already tried restarting the machine and checking if there is a paper jam.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.