Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Phosmart 7520
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Using a brand New set of regulation HP ink cartridges I keep getting very blurred out results mostly on the right side of the page.
I've done all the diagnostics that come with this machine, cleaned the heads three times as well as realigned the printer three times. I may get one or three pages that are good but then it gets blurry right away.

I have posted this question a little while ago and not gotten any answers. I have an HP Photosmart 7520 – running Windows 7 on an HP computer.

Note: this is the second Photosmart printer I purchased in just five years. This one is just two years old.  

IT is simply not right that HP should construct such poor quality machines and is simply there to take our money – just saying.
Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @klapfaddle,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums for a solution to your printing issue.

I understand that you are using an HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One Printer with a Windows 7 PC and you are getting blurry printouts mostly on the right side of the print, even though you replaced the cartridges and ran the maintenance tools from the printer's control panel. I would like to help with that.

If you do a lot of printing it is possible that the printhead could need to be replaced.

Here is the support document intended for use with this type of issue - Fixing Poor Print Quality.

If you perform the steps in the provided document and the issue persists, the next step would be to replace the printhead. 

You could contact HP Tech Support to order one of those. What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

If this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi    well  i do not do a lot of printing at all.  so  that is NOT the situation.  I have run every diagnostic as you listed and DID check about print head which is sold by 3rd party and it costs MORE than the printer - so what else can i do?????

HP Recommended

hi again  - link you provided support doc for fixing poor printing  gives nothing but a BLANK  page - tried it twice. not too helpful.

HP Recommended

Hi @klapfaddle,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I just tried the link I created and it actually to me to the page it was supposed to. I am not sure why it would open to a blank page for you.

Try clicking this link, or maybe try copying the link and trying to open it in a different web browser - http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-photosmart-7520-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5199461/document/....

If this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Clicked on this  link again a blank page - copied &  pasted TWICE got the 404 error - I  will try tomorrow on a different computer.  does not bode well

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.