Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laser Jet 4050
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Which HP Printer Driver will permit me to print a Microsoft “Word” file from my Windows 7 – 64 bit Dell XPS8900 Desktop Computer to my HP LaserJet 4050 (Serial No. [Personal Information Removed])?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I would recommend starting with the HP Universal print driver pcl5 version.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
I would recommend starting with the HP Universal print driver pcl5 version.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

HP Recommended

SHThompson, thank you for your kind, impressive, timely, excellent response, which resolved my Mod. 4050 LaserJet printing issue.  I clicked the "Accepted as solution" option, as well as the "thumbs up" button, but I would also humbly request that you show this message of gratitude to the managing Executive in charge of your Department.

Professionals such as yourself are a principal reason why Hewlett Packard is one of our Nation's foremost technical corporations.  For your (and your Executive's) personal satisfaction and smiles, you might be interested to know that my Mod. 4050 Laserjet was manufactured in your Boise Idaho facility in March of 1999!

The printer continues to look and print like new, with impeccable quality.  Thanks to your expert and exact advice, (I suspect that the key was your recommendation that I download the pcl5 - and not the pcl6!) HP printer driver!  

I shall now be able to print my selected text and spreadsheet documents generated on my new Dell XPS 8900 Windows 7 64 bit Desktop computer.

With gratitude, and wishes for your and your organization's continued success,  

User BKMP1

HP Recommended
I do appreciate your thanks but my posting is not sponsored by the company I work for it is done on my own time.

My home printer is a LaserJet 4000 and I have enough spare parts in the basement to keep it going for a long time.

If you you have any issues with your 4050 you can put up a post and tag me by putting my user ID with an @ sign in front of it in the post, that will generate a message in my feed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.