Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet pro 200 color m251 nw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

My printer has all of a sudden stopped recognizing my computer.  I was always able to print fine.  My husband can print successfully from his computer in his office but my computer suddenly doesn't seem to be communication with my printer, even though it shows up as a wireless device "connected".  I have removed the printer and reinstalled it but the problem persists.  Help!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Uninstall and reinstall with the latest software from HPs support website for your OS one more time if you havent already used the latest software.  You can also try to temporarily switch your installation from network to a USB installation to make the troubleshooting a little easier for everyone.  If USB works then we can go back to network later.  The same PC can have both a USB and network printer connection to the same physical printer at the same time.

Then search your machines %temp% directory for the hp installation logs.  Either parse through the installer for error messages or attach the log to this thread so that we can review for you.  This should reveal any clues as to what could have gone wrong or any communication that is not working.

Otherwise please include the error message you are encountering when you attempt to send a print job to the printer. 

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

HP Recommended

I did uninstall and reinstall the software, both with the online version and once that didn't work i went back to the original cd.  When I'm printing from the web I get a message saying "HP PRINTER NOT RESPONDING TO PRINT COMMAND WINDOWS 7- HP Support...."

When trying to print a document from word, etc...it shows on the computer that it sent it to the printer and that's its printing, but nothing happens in the printer. Then after a while the printing status changes to "Error"

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

HP Recommended

Dont use the original version on the CD.  Unless there is a confirmed bug with the scanning software the CD is outdated the moment it is created and can safely be discarded for anyone who has regular internet access.

Your post is inconsistent with your previous statements.  Either your installation was successful or it wasnt and you are not sharing the error message with us.  We know that another user can successfully print from the printer so the printer itself can be ruled out of the troubleshooting.  All that is left is your PCs connection to the printer and its printer installation software. 

I would encourage you to try checking your connections again and reinstalling with the latests update from HP one more time.  Be careful and patient to follow all the instructions on the screen.  If you see an error message or a warning or anything try to capture it and share it with us for clues.  Otehrwise you will have to dig through your %temp% folder for the actual installation logs.

If you can make it through the printer installation process then the printer should work for your PC too.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

HP Recommended

I unistalled it and reinstaled it using the download from the hp support website.  I am currently waiting for it to print the test page after installation.  The printer status window shows the status as "Error - Printing" .  I have a screenshot of it that I could send you.  When I go print something from the web browser is when I get the "HP Printer not responding to print command..." message.  If I restart my computer then somehow the printer prints the  documents as it is shutting down to reboot, but it will not print on command as it always did.  Don't know if it's a computer issue (an HP) or what, but like I said previously, t was working fine until suddenly this problem happened.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.