Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ENVY 5535E
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

When ever I try to print any non office documents I get an error message that something went wrong and nothing else.  I can print excel and word docukents and other PDF formatted documents but nothing else.  I have uninstalled and reinsalled the printer, updated the drivers but still the same error message.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hey @bcarter35,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you are unable to print some types of documents from your Windows 10 PC to your Envy 5535 e-All-In-One Printer. I can help you with that.

First, you mentioned that you have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, which usually resolves a lot of printing issues. To help narrow down the issue, please let me know what types of documents you are unable to print and for each document type you can not print, let me know which program you are printing from. Once I know more I will be better able to assist you.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks for getting back to me. Apologies for not responding quicker. When ever I try and print a boarding pass or a bank statement or a credit card statement I get the error message. I can print word or excel documents without any problem. I have even ride to print some of these documents using the air print function off my IPad. When it goes to the preview stage all I get is blank pages. I get blank pages when I print   I am trying to remember if I had this problem prior to the last major Windows 10 update that came out late last year.  Any suggestions or help that you can provide is appreciated 

Bob Carter

HP Recommended

MY PRINTER SAY TERFER UNIT IS MISSING

HP Recommended

Ah, it sounds like you're having issues with printing from websites. The best way to get around this would be to download and install Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. You can find the downloads for Chrome and Firefox by clicking on these links. When you need to print from a website if the built-in Edge browser is not allowing you to print, open the website in either browser and print from there instead.

Please let me know if you are able to print from Chrome or Firefox. If you are, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

Hey @SALVOULO,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you are having some issues with an error message. I can help you with that, however I am going to need to know which printer you have, the exact error message you are seeing, and what you are doing when you see the error. Once I know more I will be better able to assist you.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi  I have the Envy 5535 all in one printer.  herer is some additional information.  I tried to print some pictures form my picture folder and when the print function came up it just clicked off and went back to the picture.  No error message, nothing.  I ried this from a couple of different picture folders with the same results. An earlier suggestion was to down load a different browser.  I have not done this yet.  Was going to download Chrome and use that in lieu of the Microsoft Edge.  Never had this issue until the latest update of Windows 10  

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.