Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet M102w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After the firmware upgrade the printer is not accessible, the status/ready light blinks constantly.

Is there a way to recover from this?

I can not connect to the printer over USB or wireless network.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Kober,

Unfortunately, I don't believe there is an easy solution to this fix.  Something happened during your firmware upgrade that caused your printer to appear unrecoverable.

*My opinion below*

If you're still under warranty, I recommend calling HP Support to see if they can further troubleshoot your printer, or potentially replace your unit.

I am an HP Employee. My posts express MY opinion, and not those of HP

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Kober,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP LaserJet Pro M102w Printer wherein status/ready light blinks constantly after the firmware update.

This issue could occur if the printer is in error state.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

1. Disconnect USB/Network/FAX and power on the standalone unit.

2. Check and remove any packaging material inside the printer and toner cartridge.

3. Try different power source.
4. Perform a power cycle by unplugging the power cord while the power is on and plug it back.
5. Perform a power drain by disconnecting the power cord from the back of the printer and keeping the power button pressed for 30 seconds and if there is a power switch, keep the switch in ON position for 30 seconds before reconnecting the power cord.

6. Turn Off the printer for 3 min and then try turning on the unit.

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Tried all these steps but no result. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

You mention the status/ready light blinking constantly .

One think i can think off make sure paper is loaded in tray and all door are closed

Please click Here to follow the steps for the specific blining lights.

Hope this helps you !

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted as Solution"

+++++Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post++++++

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue .
HP Recommended

Hi Kober,

Could you check to see if your HP LaserJet M102w is detected in the device manager or having an error?

Press 'Start' and type in 'Device Manager' to open the application.  

HP Recommended

Hi Chimten,

When I connect the printer using USB, in device manger I see 2 entries at the USB controllers appearing:

- USB Printing Support

- No printer attached(in properties HW ID: USBPRINT\Unknownprinter)

It looks like the printer isn't recognized anymore.

HP Recommended

Hi Kober,

Unfortunately, I don't believe there is an easy solution to this fix.  Something happened during your firmware upgrade that caused your printer to appear unrecoverable.

*My opinion below*

If you're still under warranty, I recommend calling HP Support to see if they can further troubleshoot your printer, or potentially replace your unit.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.