Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3636
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought the Deskjet 3636 a few months ago and we didn't have any problems with it. We had some issues with our Wifi Signal, so we chose to use Devolo dLan Kits to make our Wifi more stable and bring the signal to places where we needed it. 

Now, our Wifi is stable, we have no issues except the printer can't find the signal. Whatever I do, looking for Wifi Signal automatically or enter the SSID of the Wifi manually, it just won't find it, even if I place the printer directly next to the devolo dLan box. I don't understand why the printer is being so picky and just won't find that signal. Every other device was able to switch to the new wifi without any issues. Even tried naming it after the old one with the same password didn't make a difference.

I read some other troubleshooting stuff for routers, but with our network, it's basically not possible to connect the printer directly to the router. We are also using HP Instant Ink, but if this problem persists we have to consider getting another printer, probably not from HP, because I also had problems with the default paper size which couldn't be changed easily with the driver and I feel like I'm running into even more problems once one is solved.

Thanks for your help in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @joeyr96, I'd like to help. 

Please complete the following steps and let me know the outcome of your efforts: 

Press a series of buttons on the printer to reset the wireless settings so the connection completes successfully.

1. Turn on the printer.

2. If the wireless light is blinking, skip to the next step to continue installing the software.

3. On the printer, press and hold the power button.

4. While pressing down the power button, press the Start Copy Black button  two times, and then press the Cancel button  three times.

5. Release the power button.

The wireless light next to the wireless button should blink. Repeat these steps if the wireless light does not blink.

6. Immediately continue to the next step to install the software. You have approximately 120 minutes to complete the software setup using the HP auto wireless connect feature.

Once the defaults are restored, follow the steps in this document: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-DeskJet-3630-All-in-One-Printer-series/7172306/model/8655002/...

I will watch for your reply. 

Cheers,
Lisa
 - HP Instant Ink Support

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hey @joeyr96, I'd like to help. 

Please complete the following steps and let me know the outcome of your efforts: 

Press a series of buttons on the printer to reset the wireless settings so the connection completes successfully.

1. Turn on the printer.

2. If the wireless light is blinking, skip to the next step to continue installing the software.

3. On the printer, press and hold the power button.

4. While pressing down the power button, press the Start Copy Black button  two times, and then press the Cancel button  three times.

5. Release the power button.

The wireless light next to the wireless button should blink. Repeat these steps if the wireless light does not blink.

6. Immediately continue to the next step to install the software. You have approximately 120 minutes to complete the software setup using the HP auto wireless connect feature.

Once the defaults are restored, follow the steps in this document: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-DeskJet-3630-All-in-One-Printer-series/7172306/model/8655002/...

I will watch for your reply. 

Cheers,
Lisa
 - HP Instant Ink Support

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thank you so much. I very much reset the wireless settings already once, but it might've been the issue that you only have 2 minutes to configure the new wifi connection. I found out that both devices I used were WPS compatible, so I used this function and it finally worked. Thanks again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.