Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Nope, didn't work for me. I have two HP printers - identical  2420DN connected to  mac with OSX 10.6.8. One printer started giving me spool error messages several months ago. I tried most everything I could toget it working but to no avail so I swapped it out with the other printer. Things worked fine until today when I again get the spool are full message on the replacement printer. I've deleted the printers, re-added etc. but nothing seems to correct the problem so now I am taking my files down to the secretaries office to print them on a cannon machine. I woiuld be delighted to have a fix that works.  😞

HP Recommended

Problem recurs for our office on a quasi-regular basis. Running a PowerMac 10.6.8 with Parallels running Windows 7. Large construction estimates will eventually bog the print spooler down, and can't clear it. Eventually, after several system restarts, power resets of the printer, uninstalls and etc. (all recommended in prior posts) something shakes loose and we're printing again. But we have to try everything, and it happens every 2-3 weeks. We print a lot of large estimates, and I believe that is what bogs it - which is contrary to why we purchased this printer. Very frustrating that there isn't a solid fix. We're always guessing which thing on the list will allow us to print again. And the queue can be totally empty when we send a simple letter to the printer and the error pops up - so it's saving data that has already been printed (spooling it) and flashing the error at us....

Please FIX and send us all a driver update or something. This was our last flash at an HP printer - we were running TWO 8600's but canned those after too many times of being out of one color and not even being able to print in black. If this can't be resolved, we're leaving HP for good....

HP Recommended

This issue seems to only be affecting Mac OS 10.6.  If you are connected via network, I suggest trying an alternate port to connect to the printer.

Set up printing to the device using IP Printer rather than Bonjour.  Then select the Protocol as HP JetDirect the enter the printer IP Address.  Test printing.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Epson V500 scanner and HP laserjet 451 printer. Was working fine. Ink is up. All scans deleted. Puzzled.

HP Recommended

Hello

For the print spool error I would suggest reset the printing system and do a disk repair.

Follow HP PrintDoc steps from previous post to see if this will resolve the issue.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Mac-Printing-and-Scanning/Spool-area-full-on-Mac-10-6-6-with-LaserJet-C...

Hope this helps.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi, I'm an HP tech. 
Maybe the following steps might help. 

1. Verify the HD MACHINTOSH disk permissions:

Finder>Go>Uilities>Disk utilies>HD Machintosh>Verify permission

2. Repair the HD MACHINTOSH disk permissions: 

Finder>Go>Uilities>Disk utilies>HD Machintosh>Repair permission

3. Delete the printer queue which is giving the problem:

Apple icon>System preferences>Print and Scan>Select the printer queue>Click the minus (-) symbol

4. Add the printer back. 

***For network printers only***

Apple icon>System preferences>Print and Scan>Click the plus (+) symbol>Click "Add printer or Scanner">Go to "IP" tab>Type the IP address in the "Address" bar>Select "HP Jetdirect - Socket" protocol>"Add" the printer. 

5. Test it. 

Open the printer queue>Click "Printer" at the top bar>Click "Print a test page"

Basically, the issues is solved changing the printer's protocol from LPD (Default) to HP Jetdirect Socket.

I hope this information will be helpful.

HP Recommended

Hi, I'm an HP tech. 

2. Repair the HD MACHINTOSH disk permissions: 

Apple icon>System preferences>Print and Scan>Select the printer queue>Click the minus (-) symbol

4. Add the printer back. 

Apple icon>System preferences>Print and Scan>Click the plus (+) symbol>Click "Add printer or Scanner">Go to "IP" tab>Type the IP address in the "Address" bar>Select "HP Jetdirect - Socket" protocol>"Add" the printer. 

5. Test it. 

Basically, the issues is solved changing the printer's protocol from LPD (Default) to HP Jetdirect Socket.

HP Recommended
Hi, I'm an HP tech.

2. Repair the HD MACHINTOSH disk permissions:

4. Add the printer back.

5. Test it.

HP Recommended

I'm still having a problem with my printer...  It printed fine for days, then displayed the message "Spool area full".  It says it's connected and printing, but doesn't.  Funny thing is, I can print a test page without any problems.  I did, also, repair the permissions, with no help.  This printer is at school, where I work, and other computers can print to it without any problem.  I have a Mac OSx.  Please help - I'm getting frustrated!!!!

HP Recommended

Download and install this: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL907

Restart your Mac.

Reset the printing system:

- Go to System Preferences > Print & Scan
- Right (or control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add a printer. Select the Defualt tab on the top of the window. Look for the printer, select it and then next to the "Use" pulldown, select the printer model (not AirPrint). Wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.