Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M428fdw

How do I print blue tooth it’s asking for a pw when I try to connect to print under WiFi 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

For this i also search but fail. Cereal Packaging Boxes 

HP Recommended

Hi @Dollargeneral,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

To print via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, you will generally follow a similar set of steps, although the details can vary depending on the printer and device you are using (such as a smartphone, tablet, or computer). Here’s a general guide to help you set up Bluetooth or Wi-Fi printing. I’ll address both since you mentioned a password issue, which typically relates to Wi-Fi rather than Bluetooth.

For Bluetooth Printing:

Enable Bluetooth on Both Devices:

• Make sure Bluetooth is turned on both your printer and your device (phone, tablet, or computer).

Pairing the Devices:

• Go to the Bluetooth settings on your device.
  • Search for available devices and select your printer from the list.
  • If asked for a PIN, refer to your printer’s manual. Many printers use a default PIN like 0000 or 1234.

Print:

• Once paired, open the document or photo you want to print on your device.
  • Select the option to print, usually found under the Share or Export options.
  • Choose your printer and set your printing preferences.
  • Send the print job.

For Wi-Fi Printing:

Connect Printer to Wi-Fi:

• Most modern printers can be connected to your Wi-Fi network. Refer to your printer’s manual for specific instructions.
  • This typically involves using the printer’s display screen to find the Wi-Fi setup options, selecting your network, and entering the Wi-Fi password.

Connect Your Device to the Same Wi-Fi Network:

• Ensure that the device from which you want to print is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the printer.

Install Printer Drivers and Software (if required):

• Some printers require specific drivers or apps installed on your device to print over Wi-Fi. Check the manufacturer's website or the documentation that came with your printer.

Print:

• Open the document or image you want to print.
  • Select 'Print' from the app’s menu.
  • Choose your network printer from the list of available printers.
  • Adjust print settings as necessary and send the print job.

Troubleshooting Wi-Fi Connectivity Issues:

• Password Request: If you are asked for a password when trying to print, it is likely asking for the Wi-Fi network password. This is the same password you use to connect any device to your Wi-Fi network.
  • Printer Not Found: Make sure both the printer and your device are on the same network. Sometimes, network issues can prevent devices from seeing each other.
  • Restart Devices: Restart both your printer and your device. This can resolve many connectivity issues.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.