Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Removing the driver? I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it but still same issue...
HP Recommended

Could you share if you are using Windows or Mac besides the Samsung phone to print?

Below is how the Mac can be reset:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01371980

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
Click the 'Kudos Thumbs Up' if this was helpful. Thank You!

(Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP) .
HP Recommended

Could you share if you are using Windows or Mac to print besides the Samsung phone?

Below is how the Mac can be reset:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01371980

Will have to wait for someone to chip in if it still does not work...

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
Click the 'Kudos Thumbs Up' if this was helpful. Thank You!

(Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP) .
HP Recommended
I only print from my phone actually, I use an IPad for my computer and it has to have an air print printer, or at least that's what is says when I've tried to add the printer to it.
HP Recommended

Hi @Shane71,

According to this support document:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03722645

HP AIO Remote app is not supported on HP Officejet 4500 Wireless All-in-One Printer(G510n).

Could you try to install the supported app i.e. HP ePrint app or the simpler one, HP Print Service Plugin ?

Let us know if it works!

best regards,

Please click on "Accept as solution" if my comment has helped solve your problem.

Although I am an HP employee, I speak for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended
I tried both apps suggested , neither worked unfortunately
HP Recommended

Hi @Shane71,

I'm sorry to hear that. 

When you use HP Print Service plugin (on Android phones this option is reachable by "sharing" the file), do you see the settings menu under the file preview (Scrolll down your phone to see them)?

Tap on the "Color Mode", do you see the choice of "Black & White" and "Color" ?

Try selecting "Color" and then tap on the printer icon on the right.

I have attached a screenshot here for your reference. I m connected to a different printer model though.

best regards,

Please click on "Accept as solution" if my comment has helped solve your problem.

Although I am an HP employee, I speak for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended
Oddly I have the plugin app downloaded but can't seem to open it and don't see a shortcut for it? I even uninstalled it and relaoded it and still can't open it?
HP Recommended
It's a pub that I converted to pdf, it's a brochure for work
HP Recommended
Also every possible app I use to view then try to print it , the HP printer app that opens says immediately that it's black and white , the properties also say black and white when I pull up the settings thru my phone settings, I think it has something to do with this phone because I used to always print in color with my previous phone which was a Samsung 6 edge
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.