Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Smart Tank 515 Wireless All-in-One
iOS

Hello so i would like to print documents remotely and for some reason remote printing does not work on hp smart app and there are no remote printing settings on the app. and when i try to remotely print stuff from the hp smart app, the print button is greyed out but the printer status shows online. and when i try to print photos with e-mail, it prints on a small size on the upper left corner of the a4 paper i have loaded. i would like to know why remote printing doesn’t work and how to fix it and how to resize the photo on e mail printing.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @acem,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're encountering a couple of issues with your HP Smart Tank 515 printer. Let's address them one by one.

Remote Printing Issue:

• If the printer status shows as online but the print button is greyed out in the HP Smart app, it could indicate a problem with the connection between the app and the printer. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot:
    • Make sure both your printer and the device you're printing from (like a smartphone or computer) are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
    • Restart both your printer and the device you're printing from.
    • Check for any firmware updates for your printer. Sometimes updating the firmware can resolve connectivity issues.
    • Reinstall the HP Smart app on your device.

E-mail Printing Issue:

• Printing photos via email on your HP Smart Tank 515 is resulting in small prints in the upper left corner of the paper. This could be due to the default print settings for email printing.
    • When sending an email to your printer's email address for printing, you can adjust the print settings within the email itself. Try including commands in the email subject or body to specify the print size or layout. For example:
      • Subject: Print_Size=Letter
      • Body: Print_Size=Letter
      • Subject: Print_Layout=Fit_to_Page
      • Body: Print_Layout=Fit_to_Page
    • Make sure the email you're sending adheres to the supported formats and file types for your printer.

By following these steps, you should hopefully be able to resolve both the remote printing and email printing issues with your HP Smart Tank 515 printer.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.