Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3520
Chrome OS
Hello, I posted this question below back in February but no one was able to help then, and in the intervening months my HP printer has proved unusable.  

Basically, the printer won't see wifi networks and won't give me an IP address.  It did work for a while (before February) but now has turned into a piece of junk.  Please, please can someone help?

Thanks,

Chris

Product Name: HP Deskjet 3520
Operating System: Chrome OS

My printer is detailed as above and I use a Toshiba Chromebook 2(2015).  

Until today my computer and printer worked together through Google Cloud Print.  However, I have now installed a new wifi router and the connection has been lost.

I cannot find a way to connect the printer to the wifi.  I remember when I first set it up there were no cables or CDs etc required.

Could someone please advise me how I can do this so that my laptop can then detect the printer?

In an attempt to simplify things I have erased the listing of the printer from my GCP and was hoping to start afresh but right now I've no idea how to proceed.

Thanks, in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Greetings @ChrisNeill1,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to configure the printer on your new router, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Are you using a dual band router?

Are you able to make a copy on the printer?

Restore network settings to default settings on your printer by following the procedure mentioned below. (Page number 7 in the user manual.)

1. Press the Wireless button to access the Wireless Settings menu.

2. Select Restore to Default.

3. Confirm selection to restore defaults.

Once the network settings are reset, you can reconfigure the printer on the new router. 

Refer to page number 33 in the printer manual. 

Note: HP Printers do not work or connect to 5Ghz networks. If you are using a dual band router, please give different names to 2.4Ghz and 5 Ghz networks and connect the printer to the 2.4Ghz network. 

To configure the printer on your Chromebook, click here

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for all these bits of advice.

Since initially writing I have discovered that our wifi router has a 5ghz signal and that this may be the problem.  

If so, is there any way round this?  Or do I now have a printer that won't work on this network?

Thanks again,

Chris

HP Recommended

Sorry no.  As stated in the installation instructions the wireless printers only work on the 2.4G band.   Your router is a dual band router.  Simply turn in the 2.4G SSID band with a different SSID name than the 5G band.  Add your password and now connect your printer. 

HP Recommended

Maybe we are getting closer to a solution!

You write: "Simply turn in the 2.4G SSID band with a different SSID name than the 5G band."

Could you tell me how to do this?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Yes.  This is done in your router.  Access your routers admin pages and look it up.  All in your routers manual.

HP Recommended

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.