Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

We have several printers set up for ePrint and in a few of our higher use areas we are having delays with prints sent through ePrint. Some print jobs go through in about a minute but others take significantly longer. I have a printer test page that we converted to pdf using microsoft print to pdf that consistently takes 5 minutes to print after the printer receives it. Other pdf's print right away. We have also had issues with other document types including word documents. This is across multiple printers. We have had issues with a LaserJet Enterprise M605dn an M602dn and a LaserJet Pro M402dn. I am not able to replicate the problem on our M806 or M751. These are being used by students that are trying to print assignments before class and sometimes their documents print an hour or more after they send the emails. I have done all the troubleshooting I know how to do including bypassing our firewalls to make sure there is not an issue with our network. Is there anything else I can try?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @UAUTech,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you've already done a thorough job troubleshooting network-related issues, so let's explore some other potential causes and solutions.

• Printer Firmware Update: Ensure that the firmware on the printers experiencing delays is up-to-date. Sometimes, firmware updates include fixes for printing delays and performance issues.
  • Driver Update: Make sure you're using the latest printer drivers on the computers sending print jobs. Outdated or incompatible drivers can cause printing delays and other issues. You can download the latest drivers from the printer HP website.
  • Printer Configuration: Check the printer settings to ensure they're optimized for performance. Look for any settings related to print spooling, network connectivity, or memory usage that could be affecting print job processing speed.
  • Print Queue Management: Clear out the print queues on the affected printers to ensure there are no stuck or pending print jobs causing delays. Sometimes, a backlog of print jobs can slow down processing.
  • Document Formatting: Consider the formatting of the documents being printed. Complex documents with lots of graphics, fonts, or formatting elements may take longer to process than simpler documents. Try printing a variety of document types (e.g., plain text, simple PDFs) to see if there's a pattern.
  • Memory and Processing Power: Check if the printers experiencing delays have sufficient memory and processing power to handle the volume and complexity of print jobs they're receiving. Upgrading memory or switching to a higher-capacity model may improve performance.
  • Printer Maintenance: Perform routine maintenance tasks on the printers, such as cleaning the print heads, replacing toner or ink cartridges, and checking for any physical issues that could be impacting performance.

By systematically addressing these potential causes, you should be able to narrow down the source of the printing delays and find a solution that works for your environment.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

The firmware on the printers was updated.

We are using eprint so we are emailing these jobs and not using any drivers on the device sending the jobs.

We could not find anything in the printer configuration that looked like it might be relevant to the issue. We tried changing several settings but nothing seemed to make a difference. We also tried resetting the printer to default settings without a noticeable difference.

We do not have access to a queue and there was nothing in the queue when testing because we are using eprint

We confirmed that we are having issues with very simple pdf documents.

The printers are up to date with maintenance and work properly when printing local. We are specifically having issues with ePrint.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.