Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

This afternoon I successfully printed a number of 3”x5” cards (light card stock) directly from Google Drive on my iPad to the Tango. I did this by selecting the 3”x5” option when I printed. Two hours later the  3”x5” option didn’t come up when I went to print. The only option that came up was small photo paper. When I go through the HP Smart app, it only comes up with options for A4, Letter and another larger size. I have changed the settings in Tray and Paper and it still doesn’t work. How can I fix this? Thanks  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @NE81,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like the issue you're experiencing with your HP Tango x printer is related to the paper size options not showing up as expected when printing from your iPad or through the HP Smart app. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue.

• Restart the Printer: Sometimes, simply restarting the printer can resolve temporary glitches. Turn off the printer, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
  • Check Printer Settings: Make sure that the paper tray is properly set up for 3”x5” paper. Open the tray and adjust the paper guides to fit the smaller paper size securely.
  • Verify App Settings: If you're printing from the HP Smart app, double-check the settings within the app to ensure that the correct paper size (3”x5”) is selected. Sometimes, the app may default to a different paper size.
  • Update Printer Firmware: Ensure that your printer's firmware is up to date. You can usually check for firmware updates through the HP Smart app or by visiting the HP support website.
  • Check Printer Compatibility: Confirm that the HP Tango x printer is compatible with 3”x5” paper size. Some printers may have limitations on supported paper sizes.
  • Reinstall the Printer Driver: If you're printing from a computer, try reinstalling the printer driver to ensure that it's properly configured to support the 3”x5” paper size.
  • Reset Printer Preferences: In some cases, resetting the printer preferences to default settings can help resolve issues with paper size selection. Refer to the printer's user manual for instructions on how to reset preferences.

By following these steps, you should hopefully be able to troubleshoot and resolve the issue with the paper size options on your HP Tango x printer.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.