Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
photosmart 7520

I've emailed HP tech support with no response. I'm trying to add my e-print 7520 and need a claim code. I also printed my configuration page from my printer. No claim code listed. However, I'm trying to set up my printer to my Verizon tablet, is this even possible? Many thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can connect your printer to your tablet using ePrint.

For doing this you need to register the printer and get the claim code.

Here are the steps to get the claim code of the printer.

Once you connect your printer with the wired network, let the printer fetch the IP address.

Now connect your laptop or PC to the same network.

Type the IP address of your printer in the address bar of the browser and hit enter.

You will now see the Embeded Web Services Page.

Navigate to the Web Service tab and click enable.

Now the printer should get enabled and print an information sheet with the claim code.

After getting the email ID of the printer, use HP eprint App on your tablet to connect the printer.

Kind Regards,

Oliver

"Although I work for HP, I'm speaking for myself and not on behalf of HP"--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can connect your printer to your tablet using ePrint.

For doing this you need to register the printer and get the claim code.

Here are the steps to get the claim code of the printer.

Once you connect your printer with the wired network, let the printer fetch the IP address.

Now connect your laptop or PC to the same network.

Type the IP address of your printer in the address bar of the browser and hit enter.

Now the printer should get enabled and print an information sheet with the claim code.

After getting the email ID of the printer, use HP eprint App on your tablet to connect the printer.

Kind Regards,

Oliver

"Although I work for HP, I'm speaking for myself and not on behalf of HP"--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Thanks Oliver for your response and knowledge. I appreciate your time!

HP Recommended

Hi Sam-24,

If the solution given by me has worked for you please mark that as the solution for this thread. This will help others to find the solution easily.

Kind Regards,

Oliver

HP Recommended

Thank you for your assistance with my question.

HP Recommended

Pleasure helping you.

HP Recommended

Hi - Im trying to get a claim code.I have connected the IP of the printer to both IE and Chrome with same experience. I can get to EWS page but there isnt a Web Service tab, just Scan / Network / Tools.

Thoughts ??

Cheers

AndyW

HP Recommended

Hi AndyW72,

May i know which printer are you using. Normally those printers which dont support ePrint Feature dont have the web services tab.

Kind Regards,

Oliver

HP Recommended

Hi - It is a Deskjet 3050 J610 series

It does get to an EWS page - just different to the one described... ?

HP Recommended

3050 J610 doesnot support ePrint Feature i guess. 

If it supports ePrint Feature, the printer should have an ePrint Button on the printer.

Only if the printer supports ePrint the webservices tab will be avialable in the EWS page.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.