Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
17-e019dx

I recently upgraded from Windows8.1 to Windows 10 but now the audio isn't working. I've tried troubleshooting but the system can't find a problem. I also tried to reinstall the audio drivers but can't find any available through HP.

Help!

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

You can try below troubleshooting steps to resolve your audio issue after windows 10 upgrade:
- Right click on Sound icon to open Playback devices
- Choose your current playback device
- Navigate to Properties and click on Advanced
- Choose lower or higher bitrate (use 24bit/44100 Hz or 24bit/192000Hz - it depends on the device).

HP Recommended

nb7,

Read this:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/matthew_van_eerde/archive/2010/08/23/troubleshooting-how-to-install-the-micr...

This fixed my no sound problem after the Windows 10 upgrade and I can almost guarantee you that it should fix yours.  It seems as though there are a lot of other computers that are having no sound issue as well with the Conexant Audio HD driver that comes with the Windows 10 upgrade.  You just need to switch to Microsoft's HD Audio driver.  Let me know if it works for you.

@tnb7 wrote:

I recently upgraded from Windows8.1 to Windows 10 but now the audio isn't working. I've tried troubleshooting but the system can't find a problem. I also tried to reinstall the audio drivers but can't find any available through HP.

Help!

HP Recommended

For what it's worth, my symptoms, with by HP latop, were that the sound worked just fine from the laptop speakers, but not through the external. Plug in the jack and it all went quiet.

I downloaded and inntalled all the HP win 10 updates, and got a slight improvement.

I coud get sound out of the external speakers, but if I paused playback, on resume total silence,

Typically with the BBC Iplayer. It all came back again if I shut down the browesr and opened it again, - But only till I hit pause.

My driver is the Realtek Hi definition.

I followed the link above and 'updated' the driver to the built in Win 10 generic version,  (that was already on the PC ) and all now seems to be OK.

So the issue, would appear to lie either with RealTek, or with HP's tinkering.

HP Recommended

Elitebook 8570W, no sound after Windows-10 installation.
Installed the driver of Windows-8 and now it is working.

HP: Why not list the driver under the Windows-10 help system and include it in the HP Support Assistant, at least we can get going instead of everybody re-inventing the wheel ?  Lost several hours sorting this one out.

HP Recommended

i have my labtop restored and than the sound Audio dosn't work anymore.

HP Recommended

I have updated my labtop HP and after updateing the sound audio dos not work anymore.

i dont know what i have to do?

HP Recommended

Hi @zekeria,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the audio after upgrade to windows 10. I would like to assist you today with resolving this issue.

Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Please get back to me with above information, so I can help you better.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

No sound -A Conexant audio device could not be found

HP Recommended

Thanks this helped for me

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.