Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello

When I purchased HP ENVY 6-1002tx Notebook PC, it is running on Win 7 and is working perfectely. But after upgrading to windows 8 Pro I lost Beats audio driver. System is still having IDT high definition Audio codec, but I want that original Beats audio for my notebook.

pls help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following.

Download the IDT Audio installer on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58501-59000/sp58635.exe

When done, open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager and open up Sound, Video and Game Controllers.  Right click the IDT device and select Uninstall - you should also get a prompt to remove the current driver, tick the box to allow this and then proceed with the uninstall.

When complete,download and reinstall the Chipset driver on the following link.

Chipset Driver - Windows 8.

When this has completed, hold down the shift key as you click shutdown, to fully shutdown the notebook,

When the notebook has shut down, hold down the Power button for 10 seconds.

Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to launch the Start-up Menu and then select f10 to enter the bios menu.  Press f5 to load the defaults ( this is sometimes f9, but the menu at the bottom will show the correct key ), use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.  Press f10 to save the setting and again use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.

Let Windows fully load - it will automatically load an audio driver, but just let this complete.  Then open your Downloads folder, right click on the IDT installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When this has completed, right click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select Playback Devices.  Left click 'Speakers and Headphones' once to highlight it and then click the Set Default button - check if you now have audio.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following.

Download the IDT Audio installer on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58501-59000/sp58635.exe

When done, open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager and open up Sound, Video and Game Controllers.  Right click the IDT device and select Uninstall - you should also get a prompt to remove the current driver, tick the box to allow this and then proceed with the uninstall.

When complete,download and reinstall the Chipset driver on the following link.

Chipset Driver - Windows 8.

When this has completed, hold down the shift key as you click shutdown, to fully shutdown the notebook,

When the notebook has shut down, hold down the Power button for 10 seconds.

Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to launch the Start-up Menu and then select f10 to enter the bios menu.  Press f5 to load the defaults ( this is sometimes f9, but the menu at the bottom will show the correct key ), use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.  Press f10 to save the setting and again use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.

Let Windows fully load - it will automatically load an audio driver, but just let this complete.  Then open your Downloads folder, right click on the IDT installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When this has completed, right click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select Playback Devices.  Left click 'Speakers and Headphones' once to highlight it and then click the Set Default button - check if you now have audio.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Its a great help..

I really appreciate it.

Thankyou..

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome and glad it helped :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

hey bud am having the exact same issue...will it really bring the beats audio panel back ?????????

HP Recommended

hey i did the exact but am not getting the set default option for speakers and headphones....its not getting selected...

HP Recommended

Hi diezel,

I see you are having a problem with your sound and I will be happy to help. What version of operating system are you using? Are you using the Envy 6-1002tx as well? If not can I get your product number, please?

Find your product on a notebook:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Finding your OS:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows/which-operating-system

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

well i use the same model i.e hp envy 6-1002tx ....i have upgraded my windows to 8 ...but it seems that there are a lot of problems coming like audio drivers, catalyst center and hp support assistant is not working properly also the recovery manager is getting crashed...so am planning to do a factory reset now...as these problems i dont think they have a solution because ...i think hp havent made compatible drivers for win 8 for this model ... 

it ll be great if u can come up with any idea to help me

HP Recommended

Hi diezel,

Actually there are Windows 8 drivers for this model. Below I have included a link to the download page for the Windows 8 drivers which also includes the audio drivers. Try the Scan Now option to see what it detects as out of date.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4132&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5264...

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

:robottongue:

brother actually i have tried every possible solution from updating drivers thrice to running them in windows compatibilty...actually the drivers gets downloaded and then nothing as such changes in performance condition...

let me give you a detail of problems faced by me...

1. the beats audio panel wasnt there...but then after solution from one of the experts , i got my beats panel but NOW... the problem is that now BEATS AUDIO option aint getting selected in beats panel ...making my sound bassless and out of quality

2. i have 2 gb graphic card ..but its useless here...as whenever i select catalyst centre or switchable graphic properties..it opens up and then suddenly closes saying "CATALYST CENTRE HAS STOPPED WORKING" ...now i downloaded a catalyst software from amd...now the problem is after clicking the option it says" there are no settings currently need to be changed using this "  this makes my VIDEO QUALITY POOR ...

3. all the hp supported facilities like-

1. hp support assistant 

2. hp recovery manager 

e.t.c   that makes me helpless as i CANT CONTACT HP 

these 3 are the problems are really troubling me....plz if you have any solution except the basic ones like updating drivers then please help...beats audio unable to get selectedhp recovery demanding another versionamd condition

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.