Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hey guys, I'm pretty new here.

Just got my DV4T-5100 with a 9 band eq like most of the newer laptops.

Don't know if I'm in the right place to request for an eq setting or not cause I've been lookin around this thread for a bit and I tried most of the eq settings for the 9 bands. Couldn't find one that I preferred.

I tried messin with the eq a bit but I'm bad at all these so I made it sound worse? Haha..

Currently using the Sony MDR-XB700 headphones

I'd like to ask you guys for your preferred eq settings for heavier bass as my headphones ARE for bass after all haha~

Thank you

HP Recommended

I have my dv-7 hooked up to my (HP) USB 3.0 port replicator (3005pr USB 3.0 Port Replicator; it's in the online store), and on the replicator I have my stereo hooked up. The issue I'm having is that the Beats Audio EQ appears to have no effect on the tone of the stereo while connected to my laptop through the port replicator. I have looked for any setting that could enable Beats to work on "HP USB Media Audio" to no avail. I've adjusted the tone on the stereo to where it sounded good before I had Beats Audio, but Beats makes it sound AMAZING, so I'd like to get that working again while still plugged into my replicator. Thanks.

HP Recommended
Try downloading the most recent version of the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver at the following link: http://goo.gl/2BJ4S
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Still no effect on the port replicator output.

HP Recommended
Aukati,

It doesnt look like it completely compatible with your notebook.

Here is the link to the replicator: http://goo.gl/TA9dG

If you click the link on that page that says "View all compatible products", the dv7 is not listed.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

That's strange... Most features (as far as I know all except this one) work between my computer and the replicator, so I guess this is just something I'll have to live without. Thank you for noticing, I never would have guessed.

HP Recommended

I have a Envy m6 laptop and i need help adjusting the beats audio.  Btw I have windows 8

HP Recommended

Hello just bought HP Envy 6, i'm looking to improve the audio, but i dont know whats best, i like a lots of base, just like the headphones, but i want to hear the singer as well, i like Hip-hop/R&B and house.

HP Recommended

I also have an M6 with Windows 8.  I want an alternative to Beats Audio.  Is there a way to turn it off, replace it, or just remove it and have my sound still work?  It's awful in many ways, and I don't want it.  I will return the laptop to the store and become an advocate against HP if I have to.  I was a sound engineer once, so giving me a bunch of EQ settings will not win me over.  I want the non-EQ features of Beats off, the stuff that makes some frequencies quiet and the left-right separation all screwed up.

Here are the details that I found out about my Beats Audio features:

Beats Audio is essentially a software compressor, some sort of spatializer, and an equalizer.  The problem is that YOU CAN'T TURN THEM OFF EVER unless you remove the software.

When you click off the Beats Audio checkbox in the "listening experience" settings, what actually happens is that your Windows system EQ bass is turned to -12 (rather weasly if you ask me).  The compressor and spatializer (center, space, focus) stay on.  You can't turn them off.  The spatializer is what buries vocals, guitars, and makes pretty much anything else that's not a drum or a synthesizer sound either muddy or quiet.  The compressor is what causes the "volume swings" many people have been experiencing.  All music that is not mostly electronic (i.e. hip-hop, house, dance, etc.) will sound BAD.  Video games and movies, which have loud and quiet parts, as well as dialogue, will sound BAD.

If I can't resolve this in the next 5 days, my M6 is going back in favour of a competing brand.

HP Recommended

I'm a little annoyed too. I can tell beats audio for my pavilion dm4 is of high quality. I'm not bashing the product at all...

BASS, DEF., CENTER, and SPACE (some people have FOCUS I guess)

I will tell you the guesses i have... for some advice.

Bass is self explanatory. It is pretty much the best bass I've ever used. I've tryed CD players, boom-boxes, music player sofware that comes with my computer; beats audio and my very nice mp3 player have the best in my opinion. Def... I think it stands for definition. The deeper and more definition the music has, the higher you should set it. Center isn't what my experience was telling me. On my music production software, you adjust center to change volumes, to different degrees, to put the volume of a track some or all to one side (left speaker or right) or the other. Instead, what I think is happening, is you can adjust the ratio of music played on both speakers to that that is played on just the left or right. In other words, If you put the adjustable bar to 0, then all you will hear is the music that is designated to just to the left, right, or isn't 50/50. Adjusting to 100% will put these tracks/frequencies equally on both sides. I think space has something to do with surround. Either how much surround sound you want to add to the music, on how large of an area the music is being played into. I don't have focus on mine, so I'm sorry, I can't make an educated guess from tinkering. Maybe it's good for simplier music, with only a few tracks, a lot of solos, that kinda thing.

I understand the value of adjusting the graphic equalizer, but some people want to try all the settings on there computer, and make decisions for themselves what they like.

I have called hp, called beats, read manuals, and searched the internet extensively, and not found any information on how to use these adjustable bars. I am very intrested and maybe at some point there will be available instructions on how to use these high quality audio settings.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.