Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming DPGEK44
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The sound on my notebook works fine until I connect it via HDMI to an HP Pavilion 24xw monitor.  Then the audio disappears.  If I disconnect it, the audio comes back.

I have tried going to the 'Sound' section of the control panel.  There are two options:

Speakers Realtek High Definition Audio 

HP 24xw

The default is Speakers Realtek.  When I use the test facility my notebook plays the test sound.  I have updated to the latest version of the driver.

Can someone help with why when plugging in the monitor the audio disappears from my notebook?

Thank you so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Cat999

Welcome to the HP Forums! 

I understand that you are having sound issues with your HP Pavilion Gaming DPGEK44 Notebook, when connecting the HDMI cable to a HP Pavilion 24xw monitor. I am happy to help! 

Please try the steps within this guide, Troubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues

If this helps, please consider clicking on 'accept as solution.' And, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope this helps! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Cat999

Welcome to the HP Forums! 

I understand that you are having sound issues with your HP Pavilion Gaming DPGEK44 Notebook, when connecting the HDMI cable to a HP Pavilion 24xw monitor. I am happy to help! 

Please try the steps within this guide, Troubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues

If this helps, please consider clicking on 'accept as solution.' And, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope this helps! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response, much appreciated.  I won't be back in the office for a few days but will try this out as soon as I am.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.