Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Pavillion DV2-1209AV Windows 7. I just purchased speakers for my laptop. Logitech

speakers, but they are buzzing but not producing sound from my computer. What do I do to make them function properly?

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try this first:

Right click the speaker icon,

Select Playback devices

Right click then Enable the external devices

sound_ex.png

Hope this helps:

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I also connected Logitech speakers to my laptop. Now I hear the external speakers but the internal speakers won't shut off. If I shut them down, the external speakers shut down too. Anyone know a solution?

HP Recommended

my logitech speakers have been in my desktop for 6 years. They are connected, light is on and it sounds like it's on, but no sounjd coming out.

HP Recommended

Cant get external speakers to work in laptop.

HP Recommended

I don't have an option for external speakers.  What can I do to get my external speakers to work when I plug into the speaker plug on front of pc

HP Recommended

didn't work.  No external options.

HP Recommended

Hi Pattispc,

The speakers should be put into the rear of the computer in the outlet that is marked for speakers. As it is an audio outlet made for those speakers. Once you have done that restart the computer. If that does not help with the speakers feel free to let me know. Could you include your model number and current operating system? Here is a link if your not sure.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

i just connected my logitech speakers to my laptop.They are buzzing but no other sound

HP Recommended

Hello nmg,

I just want to clarify a couple things with you to narrow down what could be causing the issue.

1. Have you tried plugging the speakers into a wall outlet by themselves for power? If this is an option.
2. Have you tried them on another computer? Maybe a friends if possible.
3. Do you get the same buzzing from the built in speakers?
4. an you try another set of speakers with this notebook, do you get the same buzzing sound?
Different audio files? (ie. CD, MP3, or YouTube).

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.