Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am attempting to get Stereo Mix option under the Audio menu. I have made sure that "Show hidden devices" is enabled but nothing is shown except for the Conexant Hd Audio. Is there any way that I could get the "Stereo Mix" option? This is a new laptop, purchased about a month ago.

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

@PekinBill

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Envy x360 laptop and would like to enable Stereo Mix option under the Audio menu but that option seems to be missing. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I suggest you to view this video for steps to add stereo mix: http://hp.care/2ifCz6h.

NOTE: This is a third party link, please ignore any ads. 

If the stereo mix option isn't available then I suggest you to uninstall the audio drivers and reinstall them from this link: www.hp.com/drivers

Feel free to let me know the outcome. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

I actually  reviewed this video before I posted to the forum but didn't put stock in the reliability of it because it was stated as being on the Realtek site. My audio is Conexant HD, not Realtek. Does that not matter?

HP Recommended

@PekinBill

Thanks for replying. 

May I know the exact model no. of the notebook plz. Using this model no. I will try to locate the correct audio drivers. This link will help you locate the exact model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l. Meanwhile, I will check for some more information. 

I will wait for your response. Thank you. 🙂

HP Recommended

I just purchased this laptop about a month ago. It is an HP Envy x360 13-y013cl

HP Product # X7U84UA#ABA

OS is Windows 10 Home 64 Bit

The sound module is a Conexant High-Definition Audio module. The soft pack # is: SP77937, Version 9.0.107.0Bp8.

Thank you for your assistance

HP Recommended

@PekinBill

You are welcome. 🙂

Let's uninstall the audio drivers from device manager and then reinstall them:

Let me know. Thank you! 🙂

HP Recommended

I followed the instructions from your last post. I still do not have Stereo Mix Option available. During the install of the driver I did receive a pop up message. I took a screen shot of the message that said, "Flow has stopped working. A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program an notify you if a solution is available." I did not do anything for about 30 seconds and a second box popped up (Application Installation Wizard) telling me the installation was complete and successful.

HP Recommended

@PekinBill

You've done a remarkable job performing the steps suggested earlier, great work 🙂 

And don't worry, as we should be able to fix this up with a few more steps and I'll be with you until we ensure this issue is fixed.

I understand you need assistance with the stereo mix as it's unavailable though you've reinstalled the drivers,

Since I've read you post I'm curious to know what you intend to use the "stereo mix" for?

In case you didn't know, here are a few details about it: 

"Stereo Mix" is the name given to the output stream (presented as a virtual audio device) after all channels have been combined.

It's a mix of all the channels, and is sometimes referred to (in the past anyway) as "What you hear".

There's usually very little/nothing you can configure about it because it's only job is to present the mixed channels. How much you can configure depends on what was included in the sound adapter driver you're using (as drivers a different, just like sound cards).

If you turn on a Mic's monitor in the recording devices panel (usually by unmuting it, or by enabling "Listen to this device" - again, depends on the driver being used), so that your voice comes out of the speakers, then it will be included in the Stereo Mix stream.

Normally, once the driver is reinstalled it should work, since it hasn't perhaps you could download the latest or original drivers for your Audio card available on the Official HP website: Click here and utilize your product/model number to find it.

Keep me posted,

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Concernig my use of Stereo Mix. I use an Windows app called AVS Video Editor. It provides a means to capture video with audio from whatever is being viewed on your screen (Screen Capture feature). I can capture video just fine but am unable to get the audio. The audio just comes out all garbled. I have gone to their support and was told that I have to have Stereo Mix enabled and that if I did not have it available it has to do with the driver for my sound card. I do  have the latest driver installed for my Conexant HD Audio. Other sources have told me that the Realtek codec needs to be installed but I am unsure whether that would work since I do not have Realtek hardware or sound components. Would it hurt to try this? It seems to me that even if it didn't work it would only install a codec that would not be used.

I subscribe to several online fitness program which periodically send me email which contain a fitness video and I want to capture these and save them in the event that the providing fitness site goes belly up.

Thank you for any assistance you can give in this matter.

HP Recommended

@PekinBill

Thank you for the detailed response,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

If AVS video editor requires the stereo mix, perhaps you could download it using this link: Click here and for alternative options: Click here to record without the need of stereo mix.

(The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that I may help you resolve this issue by going beyond by support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions)

You could also use save.net or add-ons like download helper to download youtube/flash player videos from most websites, addons work best on firefox in my personal opinion.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.